♛ 29 ♛

Yesterday when Elior left me all alone, confused and dazed, I pulled an all-nighter and cleaned the library. It was best to get rid of this big task rather than holding it back. I mean there was some good that came out of it. Such as, finding cookbooks, laundry instruction manuals, and becoming a horse whisperer, that I secretly borrowed for the boys. Hopefully, it helps them out.

Today I was awakened by Drew shaking my shoulder. He chuckled at my position on the bed, which was face down with my hands spread out to my side. As I hunkered up and gazed into the mirror, I realized I resembled an idiot. I climbed down the ladder as Drew handed me a towel to go wash up.

We were given the privilege of showers that all of us had to share. Drew made sure to wake me up early in the morning before Lee and Miles rushed in. He usually paced back and forth making sure no one entered as I was singing songs from the eighties.

After the cold shower, because Elior turned off the hot water for us to suffer and fully wake us up, which by the way, wasn't a bad idea, I exited the bathroom to come face to face with a flustered Drew.

"All done?" Drew asked as I stood with a towel around my body and my blond hair dripping water from the ends. I nodded as he tried to avoid making contact. He brushed past me leaving me alone in the hallway.

After making my way back to the room, I changed into a white long sleeves shirt and black jeans that were provided by Derek. I styled my hair into a side braid and gave my self one last look in the mirror. I'm so pretty. Today was the last day of the tasks, and I still had to organize Elior's office and room as well as the greenhouse.

Right when I left the room, I ran into Miles and Lee who seemed to be discussing something serious.

"What's up?" I asked, gazing back and forth. They glanced at eachother and shuffled closer.

"Lee found the prisons," Miles whispered quietly. My eyes went wide as I stared at Lee who nodded like he was guilty.

"It's beyond the stables, near the cursed wood-," he took a small paper with a drawing of a map,"- I drew this to remember. Yesterday, when I was cleaning up after the horses, I saw one of the guards pull up some sort of a wooden plank and go underground."

"They're keeping them underground?" I scanned the map intensively.

"An underground opening. It's covered with grass and mud to camouflage."

"Rose," Miles said as he gave me sad eyes. "My sister is a prisoner down there. We have to break them free-"

"And we will."

We all whirled around and saw Drew standing there with his arms crossed as he made his approach towards us.

"How?" Lee questioned with doubt.

Drew gave a mischevious smile which made me feel cautious. He pulled something out of his back pocket and said, "With Iris' dagger." He raised his brow and motioned for me to take it. I gulped as the other two looked at me with uncertainty.

"There's an explanation-"

"Your name is Iris?" Miles asked as if I stepped on his favourite toy. I threw my head back and groaned. It's too early for this. But I can trust them, and I need them to fight with me.

___

"And that is the whole truth. From beginning-," I sighed, "to the end." I watched as Miles jaw had dropped to the floor throughout the entire story and Lee sitting in complexity and Drew just staring into a void.

"You're a queen?" Miles asked in an excited whisper.

"Well, not yet."

"And Elior is a son of a farmer?" Lee inquired.