♛ 50 ♛

AIDEN'S POV

"Sir, you have been in the room for the past three days, would please come out?"

Numb.

"Sir?"

Stop.

"Sir?!"

"ENOUGH!"

I stand up and open the door with a whip. Harold looks at me with hysteria and steps back, his hands trembling from the fright.

"Y-You look sick," he says as I turn around and head towards the bed. I can feel his pitiful eyes shooting lasers in my back. I sense his presence reaching out and put a hand on my shoulder. I flinch and push it away moving down and sitting on my bed. My eyes dart to the blood on the carpet that dried up and left a patch. I stand up and staggers towards it, crouching down and touching my fingertips on the dried, metallic liquid. The texture was rough and fragile, like a withering flower.

Find me on the island.

I put my hand on the blood and close my eyes. I feel Harold's arms wrap around me and pull me up and onto the bed. I roll over and watch the moonlight gleaming down on my legs and a shiver runs through my body.

"You need to eat," Harold says in a low voice. I could feel him gazing down at me as I lay paralyzed on the bed. "I've seen you grow up right before my frail eyes and never in my years have you been like this."

I close my eyes and try to drown out the sound of his voice. He continues speaking about my well-being which makes me clench my fist as anger rises up in me.

Find me on the island.

Find me.

Find.

Me.

My fists unclench and I sit up looking at Harold. He stops speaking and immediately looks down in shame.

"Prepare a car."

"But sir-"

"HAROLD!" I yell.

"May I at least ask why?" he says softly. I glance back at the moon and back at the carpet.

"I have a business to finish."

_____________________

ELIOR'S POV

The laughter outside Elodie's room roars as champagne bottles pop and pour into glasses, and the chatter of different species fill the room. Many of them give me looks and sneers, but they know that I was under the protection of Delilah and the rest. Especially Elodie. I shove a few letters from mother in my coat pocket and glance at the ground.

"Want a drink?"

A silky, female voice says from near the bar where I stand staring at everyone. I turn my head a notice a slender figure with a mask covering her entire face.

"No, thank you," I respond and turn my head back to the crowd resisting every inch my body to not grab a drink. Back in Canna, I was quite a drinker and I knew I had to get rid of it. The only way I did was locking myself in the library and reading a book. The night I ran into Iris at the library, I was drunk out of my mind.

"C'mon pretty boy-"

I whip my head back at the voice and notice her smirk. She grabs my wrist and pulls me forward, her lips right against my ears. Shivers run down my spine when she breathes. "If you forget Iris and those freaks that you call friends, I won't hurt you or them."