♛ 11 ♛

The squeaking of my sneakers filled the empty halls. I was pacing towards Aiden's office, where he just sits and sips tea. The contract was in my hand, crumpled and torn a bit from the sides. I knew what I was about to do was the right thing, and hopefully it stays like that. All the love I had for Aiden since we were kids has vanished into thin air. It has been replaced by hatred instead.

After kicking the door open with my right leg, I burst into the office and slammed the signed contract on his desk. He turned around on his chair to look at me instead of the front yard outside the window. Smoke was coming out of my ears and nose at the same time. My hair was all over the place, and I'm pretty sure I didn't brush my teeth this morning.

"What a wonderful surprise!" Aiden said, intertwining his hands.

"Shut up."

His sinister looking smile fell to the ground. He cleared his throat and grabbed the contract and read it over twice. I crossed my arms and tapped my foot on the ground as I waited for him to finish reading. He looked up for the contract and eyed me then my impatient foot.

"Can you please stop? I'm focusing here."

I narrowed my eyes and stomped my foot while smirking. He closed his eyes and stood up angrily. I stopped and raised my eyebrow in victory. He opened the drawer and placed the contract safely inside.

"So how is this going to work?" I asked, toying with the side of his desk. He stood up and shoved his hands in his pants pocket.

"We have a meeting today."

I looked up with furrowed eyebrows and crossed my arms.

"A meeting? Of what kind?" I asked curiously.

"You ask to many questions. How about I just answer as we walk to our destination, huh?" He said walking from behind the desk and towards the exit. I bit my lip with doubt and slowly made my way towards the door.

"After you." I sighed and took a step but was immediately shoved aside as Aiden smirked and walked out first.

I wiped my shoulder and huffed. What a gentleman...

*****

"So this was our meeting?" I said staring at a hotel building in front of me. We were in a city called Haward which is close to the palace. All the china, gowns, drapes, were purchased and made from here. The city had skyscrapers nearly everywhere. One thing that I loved about Haward was the city lights at night. If you want a better view you have to drive to the highest hill in the city to see the sparkling stars, which are the lights from the buildings and street lights.

Currently we are standing in front of Haward City's famous hotel, Firewall Hotel. People who come from different countries usually book a room a year before because of the rush and the unavailability. The name was given by Aiden's great great grandfather, who had a weird obsession with fires. And his death? Need I say more. Aiden loved looking at his great great grandfather's pictures and laugh at them, or at least that's what I heard.

"They say I have a sexy side profile."

I jolted out of my thoughts and realized I was staring at him the entire time. He turned his head towards me and winked before walking inside. I swallowed hard and lightly slapped my cheeks trying to get rid of the weird feeling.

"His ego is beyond compare."

I followed him in and looked around the interior design. To sum it up, everything was made out of real gold. Well, except for the furniture and the employee uniforms. Most of the bell boys and servers were men and only the women worked the high profile jobs. The CEO of the hotel was Mr. Sairoz, an old friend of Aiden's grandfather. Everything in the city of Haward belonged to Aiden and his family in some ways.