♛ 18 ♛

To be honest with you, I didn't move from my spot at all. I sat there on the restaurant's stairs the entire time just waiting for him to come back.

"Ow!" I exclaimed as someone hit something on my back. I turned around to see the waiter who served us. He gave me a nasty look and spun on his heels to strut back inside. I rolled my eyes and spread out my coat to put it on my head and back. People gave me pitiful and disgusted looks as they walked past me. I frowned as the cold air caused me to shiver and gain goosebumps all over my arms.

"I know right! I can't believe the one- Iris? Is that you?" I looked up and saw Olivia holding hands with... KITE! My eyes went wide as I jolted up and continuously diverted my eyes from their hands to their faces. They both looked at each other with guilty looks on their faces. What the hell?

"Let's talk inside, shall we?" Olivia said as she put a hand on my back and led me forward.

"Engaged?!" I exclaimed out loud as I gawked at both of them. Kite face palmed herself and gestured for Olivia to explain.

"Uh, well-"

"Wait! Let me just let me take it all in!" I said as I raised my finger up to stop her. Kite and Olivia? Olivia and Kite? Has my life always been a lie? I brushed the hair off of my face. "Ok, continue." It barely came out as a sentence.

"Okay, um. Well, the whole me dating Aiden thing was a lie. It was a setup, all planned by himself. You see if a princess "dated" Aiden, Queen Alexandra would be happy, and Aiden just wanted to make his mom happy. Then, I don't understand the part where you come in-"

"So everything that you and Aiden went through was all... fake?" I said as I stared at her with furrowed eyebrows.

"Yup!"

"And all the threats you sent towards me during the auction as well?" I ran my fingers through my hair.

"Yes!"

"Oh my God. And what was Kite's role?"

"Well, I just supposed to "pretend" to be his girlfriend for that video he needed for lawyers. Just know that this was all feigned," Kite said. "Both of us are just his long term friends. The world doesn't need a prince and a princess anymore. They can have a princess and a princess as well." They both looked at each other and smiled.

I had so many questions running through my head. Like the time where he slapped Olivia? Was that fake too?

"Listen, Iris," Olivia started. I looked up to her and nodded. "Aiden might seem like a cold hearted person and someone you can never be close with, but he lost his father. He has nobody to direct him. He will spit out bitter stuff but he doesn't mean them."

"You're telling me? He kicked me out of the palace!" I exclaimed. Kite and Olivia both gasped with wide eyes.

"Why did he do that?" Kite asked with concern.

"He got mad that I ruined dinner with his mother. I acted like a complete idiot."

Olivia bit her lip and took out her phone. She stood up and walked over to a corner to talk to somebody. Kite and I watched her as she smirked and made her way back.

"Who were you talking too?" I asked confused.

"Let's see how much he cares about you."

---

"This isn't gonna work," I said as I stood in the alley.

"Will you please relax? I'm calling Aiden and telling him!" Olivia said as she dialed him. She groaned as it went to voicemail. Then suddenly her phone rang and thankfully it was him.