♛ 14 ♛

"Where are we?"

Aiden groaned and turned back to go to the car, but it was already gone. The driver had dropped us off at a rural area of some kind. It was freezing and all I had was a scarf to keep me warm. The sight of the greenery wasn't so bad, instead it was pleasing and calming. I glared at Aiden who was rubbing his hands together for warmth. He took out his phone and let out a groan.

"There's no signal here either!" Aiden exclaimed as he shoved his phone in his pocket. I looked around to find a house or a hut or something. At a far distance, there was smoke coming out of a chimney. My eyes widened as I pointed towards the smoke.

"Over there! Let's walk there. Maybe it's a rest stop or something." Aiden gave me a disapproving look, but nodded afterwards since we had no choice.

_____

"What is this place? Like a bar?" I asked. Walking here was a mess. Aiden kept complaining about how cold it was, whereas I just gave him a look of disappointment. The scarf came up till my mouth since it was filled with layers. Every time I spoke I had to bring it down.

"This is dangerous. Maybe we shouldn't go in," I whispered to him. But as cocky as he is, he went in headfirst. I followed behind him quietly. As we entered, my jaw dropped to my floor. The scene in front of my eyes was the most horrifying thing ever. Aiden just smirked as he took a seat on a table.

This place was bar. Maybe thirty men were sitting around or playing pool. They all stared at us angrily, like an ugly painting at an art gallery. I gulped a thousand times when I checked out their appearances. All of them had tattoos all over their body, even their faces!

One of them didn't have an eye so he wore an eyepatch. They all looked like they go to the same gym because they were tall and sturdy. They chugged down huge glasses of beer and wiped their mouths with the back of their hands.

My teeth started cackling in the quiet bar. Everyone eyed each other confusedly as to what I was doing. Aiden just scanned me up and down and scoffed at me. One of them big men stood up and approached our table. I pulled the scarf up till my nose to hide my teeth, you know, because he would break them.

"Little lady," the man's husky voice said. He had a British accent and a tattoo on his face of... a cat? He shadowed over our table because he was so tall. "Is this boy here disturbing you?" He pointed at Aiden who just stared back at him with a cold look and narrow eyes. I shook my head and wiped my hands on my pants due to the sweat.

"Now, now. Why don't you sit down Gerald?" A man's voice spoke from behind. I tilted my head to see who it was. A little gasp left my mouth as Jonathan stood there with his hands in his jeans pocket. I looked at Aiden who's face turned red from anger.

Gerald sat down in his seat and moved his eyes back and forth between Aiden and I. Jonathan took a seat at our table and requested for three beers.

"What's good?" He asked. "How are my favourite duo?" He said looking at Aiden then me.

"Why are you here?" Aiden said with hatred in his voice. Jonathan let out a laugh but then turned serious.

"You, my friend, broke my sister's heart."

I looked away with regret. He was right. After the news of us broke out, Olivia must've been heartbroken. I can't help but think this is my fault, when it's actually his. I gazed at Aiden who just sat there expressionless. This man had no heart.

"I'm sorry Jonathan. On behalf of him as well," I said pursing my lips into a sad smile. He waved it off and smiled back, but rolled his eyes at Aiden. I let out a small laugh which caused Aiden to look our way and mock us.