♛ 55 ♛

AIDEN'S POV

All I could feel in my entire body was bitter pain. It felt as if all life had left it and there was just a remainder I was holding onto. Clinging to it for my life.

And hands.

I felt hands touching my skin repeatedly.

The pain awakens me and I wince. My eyes meet a man who finishes bandaging me up.

"King Aiden!" He says with a big smile on his face. I squint my eyes to get a better look, but my head falls back on the... pillow?

"Miles get away from him!"

Another man approaches and scans me up and down as if he is observing inside and out. I look around and notice that I am in some sort of tent. A really big tent with at least seven beds.

"W-Where am I?" I ask with a raspy voice. I cough several times as Miles comes to my aid and checks my fever.

"He's burning up!"

"King Aiden-"

"Please, Aiden's fine."

"Very well, my name is Drew. Aiden, you were shot in the arm and severely beat up causing fractures in your rib cage. Your body is bruised and needs major rest."

I look down at my bare body and notice the purple and blue marks. I flinch and rest back staring at the roof of the tent. "And Iris? Where is she? Is s-she here?"

They don't say anything which makes me look between the two of them. They exchange remorseful looks and nod.

"Iris was captured. We aren't sure about  the whereabouts yet, but Miles is working on it."

I clench my jaw, but even that hurts. My body feels so weak and tired and I want to shut everything down. "Elior. He-He's a traitor."

"We know. Rayla and Kai told us. The last thing they saw was Iris being dragged-"

"And they didn't go a-after her?!" I retort.

"You were about to die! Getting you out of that place was our priority. We know Iris can defend herself. I know."

I stare at Drew and close my eyes.

"Aiden, I think it's best if you leave this to us. There is someone who's been meaning to talk to you," Miles says and that's when I hear footsteps enter.

Alex.

I look away and ignore his footsteps that are slowly approaching me. My anger fuels my pain which hurts my body even more. He sits down next to me and puts his hand on my shoulder.

"Aiden, please look at me," he pleads and clutches my shoulder. "I didn't mean it."

"You didn't mean it? Alex are you hearing yourself?!" I scream in his face which makes him sit down and listen to me. "Our mother is in the hospital right now recovering from what you have done! She always loved you like a son! Always!"

"Aiden-"

"NO! Don't you say another word," I say putting my finger in his face. He looks away and stands up.

"I never wanted any of this. You are my brother. You always will be." He walks away and leaves the room.

I watch him disappear and swing my legs off the bed. Miles enters the tent and rushes to my side.

"I need to find Iris!" I say standing and limping.

"Your highness I am working on her location it's hard to tell where she is-"