♛ 53 ♛

IRIS' POV

I pat the dress gently and stare at myself in the mirror taking deep breaths every now and then. He sent the dress so he has to be wearing a similar colour or design. If I find him I-

"Wow." 

I turn around as the dress flows with me. Elior stands there gaping at me and then my dress and then back at me. I blush and look away thinking about how Delilah and Miles helped me. 

"Do I look okay?" I ask quietly as he approaches me slowly. I gulp at his movement and the way his eyes observe me. 

"You look more than okay," he says and chuckles. I plaster a small smile and look at him. "You sure you're fine with me coming?" 

"You're my dat- dance partner. I, uh, I need you there," I say shyly and turn to the mirror. Elior is wearing a simple tuxedo, nothing special. 

"Of course. I'll be outside whenever you're ready." He turns to leave the tent but stops to look back at me and then finally leaving me alone. 

That was weird.

I slip the dagger up my sleeve inside a pocket that looked exactly like my skin colour so the guards won't notice. Or anyone else for that matter. 

"It's simple. Get it done," I say to myself and walk out. 

The carriage ride, which Rayla somehow scavenged from an ongoing passenger to Canna Island, to Land Five was around an hour and a half. We just had to pass from Land Six cautiously.

Land Five, LethalFalls, was the land of assassins, at least that's what I heard from stories and rumours. Joseph Zero being the leader and also being named The Lethal One failed at destroying the Queen Nara of Land Three, Cornopia, and therefore earning the name Lethal Falls and naming it his land. Why is he still king? No one else is as mighty as him to this day and quite frankly Queen Nara has no interest in leading a bunch of assassins. She has her fairies and beasts.

Miles educated me about past history during our carriage ride. If Zero interferes, I don't stand a chance. 

The carriage comes to a halt and the boys and I notice a small glowing creature talking to Rayla and Kai who were the drivers. 

"Name and reason please?" The tiny purple fairy spoke.  A small smile broke onto my face because she was so cute. 

"Hello, we are passing through for the Seven Lands Dance under the name of Iris?" Rayla says and the fairy looks at her confused and angry. 

"That Joseph Zero is no good! No good I must say!" She says in her high pitched voice before pulling a tiny rope and opening the gateway to the land. "You shall pass nevertheless." She gestures us to enter and we make eye contact. I give her a grin and she narrows her eyes studying me. I look way and notice Elior's hand close to mine on the velvet seating. Drew, Miles, and Lee sit across from us talking amongst themselves. 

"Do you think it was a good idea to leave the rest at the base?" 

"They have Delilah, Fox, and Zed." 

"Yeah, no need to worry. Delilah is strong and she can fight very well!" Elior chirps in which makes me a bit wary of myself.  

"You fought together?" 

"Yeah. She's great at what she does." 

I look at him and give him a small smile. "She is, isn't she?" 

The boys give Elior and I weird looks before going back to talking about some game. I clench my jaw as Elior just looks at me strangely. 

"Don't tell me  that you like  her?" Elior says leaning closer.