♛ 43 ♛

Ducking under Aiden's desk table was not the ideal spot. One, because of the amount of gum he ate and just stuck it underneath it. Two, because my posture was terrible and my back hurt.

I knew it was safe to go once the shower water was running. I cramped out from underneath the space with much effort and dusted off the dirt from my clothes.

Wavering my way out of the office, I stopped when all I saw was darkness. My feet didn't even feel like moving because I knew my clumsy ass would destroy something.

"Iris!" I heard a sharp whisper from the side which made me turn my eyes, but not my head.

"Who's there?" I whispered back in the exact tone.

"It's Lee! And the rest!" He whispers, and I follow the voice slowly. I reach my arms out, and someone holds them and pull me close.

"Who's touching me right now?" I ask feeling many breaths.

"Miles. Don't worry we found a hiding spot. He has a big room," Miles says close to my ear. I believe that we were all sitting in a circle near the window area that was covered by a curtain.

"Um, okay. Why don't we just sit on the bed?" I ask.

Silence.

"Uh, I think someones on it?" Lee says unsurely. My doubtful expression turns sour as I hear snoring.

"Guys, shut up! The water stopped running." Alex puts his big hand on my mouth as we wait. I can feel his heart beating rapidly in his chest.

"Who's on the bed?" I muffle out an angry question. Jonathan shushes us and slowly stands up to turn on the lamplight. I struggled in Alex's grip, but once he lets go-

I push Jonathan to turn the light on and see a woman who looks.... precisely like me. Why does she look like me? I mean her eyes are like mine. A little bit of the brows. She's much healthier looking.

"Who-who are you?" She sputters out as the boys freeze behind me. I notice that she's wearing a thin, silky nightgown and her hair is all over the place.

"I'm you. But stronger," I fume and pick up the lamp to smash her brains out. What am I even doing? Six shots were really just too much.

"Woah! Woah!" Jonathan says and pulls me back as I proceed to continue with my smashing plans.

Right on cue, the bathroom door opens.

All our eyes fall on a naked Aiden with a towel around his lower waist. His wet hair falling on his beautiful green eyes. For a moment, everything froze, and it was just us two against the world. The droplets from his hair fell onto his cheeks making it look like he was crying.

I wish for me.

Then reality sank in when I saw his eyes land on that stupid girl in his bed. In his bed?! Can you believe it? He's half-naked, and she's wearing clothing that can rip with one touch.

I felt fury burn inside of me like the time at Canna, and I swung the lamp back before saying-

"You asshole!"

I threw it aiming for his dumb, blonde head, but of course, his reflexes were fast, and he dodged it. The lamp hit the wall and broke into pieces right next to him.

"Aiden!" The dumb stupid girl jumped out from the bed and went to check up on him. Touching his body all over to see if he was okay. Then he moved her hands and nodded, pushing them away which made me smirk a little.

"Iris, calm down-"

I turned around to the boys and pointed at Alex first-

"You are adopted. Your brother is dead. Most likely. Your father killed him."