♛ 19 ♛

"I wonder why he cares all of a sudden," Aiden's voice echoed through the empty library with just us two. I was organizing the books that were placed messily in the corner. Aiden had just walked in out of nowhere and started complaining about his brother. All I could do was jump when he yelled something or just listen quietly while I cleaned up the place.

He kept going on and on about Alex, his little brother, which made me want to scream at the top of my lungs. I slammed a book on the table and gave him a glare which made him stop and examine my state of being.

"Listen, if you're going to complain, can you do it somewhere else? A library is a quiet place."

He scoffed and sat down with a groan. I've never seen him so mad in my life like he was right now. I picked the book and blew the dust off the cover and cleaned it with a rag.

"What's so bad about your brother anyway?" I asked as I cleaned the book. He sighed and look off into a distance with a blank look. I followed his gaze as my eyes landed on a photo frame of the two brothers when they were young. I frowned and walked towards the picture and put it down facing front. His eyes moved towards mine as he gazed at me like he did at the picture.

"My brother is different. He's not traditional like our family. While I was in university, he was partying and sleeping around. He rebelled against our father but always listened to mother," he said as he stood up and slowly walked towards the picture frame and picked it up. He smiled down at the photo. "You were right. I am the better looking one." He looked up with a genuine smile which made my heart melt. I brushed back my hair with my hands and gave him the dumbest smile ever. He turned around and let out a laugh.

"What's so funny?" I asked with a chuckle.

"Your face." He turned around and I almost bumped into him, but he grabbed my waist before I fell back. Oh no. Here come the teeth. The clicking was probably the loudest thing after my heartbeat. He brushed off my weird behavior and put the picture frame back.

"I heard Alex is coming to the palace from the other workers," I said trying to change the subject and my emotions. I heard him let out an exhausted sigh as he nodded and plodded towards the door. He really seems out of it.

"I'll talk to you later Iris," he opened the door and shut it behind me. Right when the door closed, I collapsed to the floor and lightly slapped my burning cheeks.

"What's wrong with you?" I said as I sat on the floor with my messy hair and clothing. I looked twice at the picture of the brothers and grabbed the picture frame from the table. I have to do something. I have to get these two back together and make them stronger. No sibling should suffer like this. "You got this Iris. Just one job." The motivating adrenaline rushed through me as I stood up and nodded to myself.

Time to get these idiots together.

----

"Prince Alexander has arrived!"

The news had spread like wildfire in the castle and somebody wasn't too happy when piles of suitcases and bags blocked the front door entrance. About fifty servants had to take his luggage upstairs to his master bedroom.

I was one those servants.

I was about to pick up a suitcase when someone took a hold of my wrist. I looked up to meet a pair of green eyes boring into my soul. I stood straight and jerked my hand away from Alexander. He smirked at my behavior and wiped his hand with his handkerchief. I tucked a piece of strand behind my ear and gave him a fake smile.

"What a jerk," I whispered under my breath as I turned towards the staircase. I stopped as I saw Aiden standing right in front of me. I took a step back but ended up bumping into Alexander. He put his right hand on my right shoulder and his chin on my left shoulder. I saw Aiden's fist curling up and his knuckles turning white.