♛ 22 ♛

The wind outside hit my face. Sitting alone was quite therapeutic. The incident last week had everyone still. Aiden hasn't talked to me and whenever I tried to reach out to Alex he would just walk away. 

I looked down at my hands and wondered if being at the palace was a mistake. As if my mother had left me here to rot and disgrace myself. At times I feel as if I don't belong here. 

I looked to my left and saw Aiden standing and piercing his eyes in my face. The look he wore was a mix of sorrow and anger. I gulped as he stood there still with his hands in his pockets. His sleeves rolled up and his hair gelled back. It seemed as if he was getting ready for a dinner party. Before I could stand up and say something, a black limo pulled up to the front yard as a driver made his way to the back door and directed Aiden to sit inside. He gave me a lingering look and took a seat inside the car, driving off from the palace. I let out a small sigh and watched as the car disappeared from the distance. 

"Don't look so down," Alex said taking a seat on the bench next to me. I didn't bother looking at him, instead, I pretended the car was still driving off. Once I realized I was just acting stupid and not responding, I took a seat next to Alex and looked down at my lap.

"Shouldn't you be ignoring me?" 

"I came to apologize," he said taking his sunglasses that were clipped on his shirt and put them on. I didn't understand why he would wear them in a cloudy weather but then again he's Alex, the next in throne, the "seducing prince", the pretty boy. 

"Stupid names," I whispered to myself. I watched him lean back on the bench and stretch his arm on my side. You know the move that boys do when they go on their first date. He turned his head to me and adjusted his glasses on his nose so his eyes were on me. I backed away from gaze but it was fixed on me. 

"You know, we can always run away from this," he said scooting closer. At this point, I gave up and glued my eyes to the guard closing the gate. I wish he would come back so I could apologize again. 

"I have work to do," I quickly answered. I had to check on Claire, the girl Alex got pregnant in case anyone forgot. Suddenly she was my responsibility because Alex didn't want his reputation to be damaged. He surrendered and put his sunglasses back on. 

"You're welcome," his voice spoke from behind me. 

"For?"

"For talking to you." 

I smiled but it didn't turn my head around towards him. Walking away from the front yard was the hardest thing. I don't why I was expecting Aiden to come back and talk to me. I wished he would've. 

______

"And they were roommates!" Claire declared as I walked into the dorm. She was holding a martini in her hand and foam curlers in her hand. I gasped and took the glass of martini from her right when she was about to take a sip.

"What are you doing?" I whispered yelled at her. She looked shocked for a moment but let out a small laugh as she rolled her eyes. Mary-Jane quickly took the laundry basket from the ground and left the room. My eyes followed her and then back to Claire who took out a foam curler from her hair. "I didn't bring you here to steal from the palace. I want you and the baby safe!" I helped take out the curlers from hair, but every time I did she would flinch. 

"The baby is safe, hello? It's in here!" She pointed to her stomach. 

"Claire, you're an idiot! If you consume alcohol it goes inside your stomach and affects the baby. Do you have any idea what can happen?" At this point, I wanted to just slap her in the face. She's pulled so many dumb stunts like these for the past week.