♛ 37 ♛

"Your Highness, here are the books!"

"Thank you, Layla." I smiled and took the book from the hands of my nine-year-old helper. Currently, I was stacking the shelves of the hospital's library with new books.

"Queen Iris, do you have a Prince Charming?" Layla asked shyly. I ruffled her hair and crouched down, so we were face to face.

"You don't need a Prince Charming to become a queen."

She gave me a confused look but smiled at the thought.

"Come on Layla!"

We turned our heads towards the door where a Nurse Alice stood with a small smile. I gently grabbed onto Layla's shoulder as she looked up to meet my eyes.

"Remember what I said."

She nodded and smiled wide with her small teeth and ran towards the nurse who took her in her arms.

"You need your rest if you want to remember your memories darling," Alice said caressing her cheeks. Layla nodded and rested her temple on her shoulder before they both exited.

I swallowed at the thought of another Memorabilia patient. With a heavy sigh, I continued shelving the books until the entire library was squeaky clean.

Once I was back at the palace, thanks to Snow, I immediately paced to the kitchen where a tray of food was lying on the counter. It was saran wrapped and had Elior written on it with a marker.

"Do you want me to take the food?" A voice asked from beside me.

"Drew!" I said and gave him a hug. When we pulled apart, I took the tray in my hands and shook my head. "I want to know as much as I can about Elior and Alex and everything that happened while I wasn't here."

"Fair enough. More cooking time for me," he laughed,"-but be careful. You never know what could happen."

"It'll be fun to see him try."

I give him a smile and walk past him, but he grabs my arm and gives me a pleading look.

"I'm serious Iris." He let's go, and I close my eyes before opening them to see him staring at me with his brown ones. Anxiety filling them like nothing I've seen before.

"He's not gonna do anything to me. And I won't fall for his tricks either. He's harmless as long as I'm around. I will make him suffer till his last breath." I grip the tray and turn around exiting out the door. Making my way out of the palace towards the underground dungeon where Elior was.

"Your Highness," the guard said turning around and lifting open the door for me to enter. "I can take that for you."

"No, it's fine. I would like to have a little chat with him," I say with my eyes fixated on the stairs leading down below. I look up to the guard. "You're needed in the palace."

"But-"

"Now."

He nods and hands me the keys to exit when I am done with Elior.

"You're going to need this." He hands me a small, silver tranquillizer gun. With a worried look, he jogs off and towards the palace lights. I look around for anyone nearby. With one last look, I shut the door behind me and walk down.

"So you're back?" Elior asked. His head leaning against the wall. The shirt he was wearing yesterday was off. Showing off the harsh stab wound. My jaw clenched, but I kept my eyes on his.

"Food." I slipped it through below the jail, but he just kicked it to the side.

"Get me out of here."

I stared at him with a blank expression before walking towards the gate and inserting the key and twisting it open. Elior gave me a confused look and then laughed mockingly.

I held the door open and gestured for him to get out. "What's wrong? Don't you want to leave?"

"What are you playing at Iris?" He asked struggling to stand up. When he does, my eyes fall on his stomach and then back to his eyes.

"Nothing. Go. Be free."

He narrows his eyes before striding past me and out of the cage he was in. I shut my eyes as the side of his body touches my arm before he's standing in front of me.

"What are you doing? You need something?" He asks quietly. I scowl as my eyes fall at my feet. I look so hopeless right now.

"I do need something. And unfortunately, it's from you."

I look up at his hazel eyes that just pierce in mine. The gaze is so intense that I have to look away before something happens.

"I'm not helping you if that's what you think," he growls which makes me look back into his dark eyes. I give him a small smirk and step forward.

"If you do, I'll let you see Alex-"

"It's Elliot, and you're lying!" He turned away to walk, but I blocked his path by pulling out a tranquillizer gun.

"Don't test me Elior. I keep my promise. I let you out, and now you're going to help me!" I spoke slowly. His eyes flickered from my eyes to my lips and the gun.

And then back at my lips.

"And what if I don't?"

"Then I'll kill you."

He chuckled at my response and put his hand on mine, the one that was holding the gun. His eyes landed on my knuckles, and a little smile broke onto his face. "You're trembling."

I take a deep breath through my nose at the touch of his fingers on mine.

"Do I make you feel weak?" He whispers mischievously. My eyes flicker with concern as he steps closer and closer causing me to hit my back on the brick wall. The gun still in front of me, but my finger didn't want to pull the trigger.

"Get away from me," I say with emphasis on each word. His eyes flicker with grief, but he does what I say. I take another small breath and stick the gun back into my jeans. "Now, will you help me?"

He narrows his eyes in thoughts. "I'll help you."

I raise an eyebrow and cross my arms. "But?"

"But what?" he asks innocently.

"There has to be a price. I'm not an idiot."

"Do you want there to be a price?" he asks stepping towards me. I look up at him as he smiles down at me. Genuinely. For a second I almost feel sorry for him.

I don't say anything instead I get this calm and secure feeling standing in front of him. I gulp as he raises his hand and cups my cheek.

And I let him.

I can't move.

Why aren't I moving?

He leans down to my ear before whispering, "I want you."

——————————————

Hi I'm back.

And yes before you say anything I hate myself too.

I just had the worlds biggest writers' block and I completely gave up on this book. I couldn't think of what to write. But now I'm back and there's actually some plot to work with and I promise no more breaks :)

Vote.
Comment.
💕