Chapter 21

His gaze pierced through me, the tension in the air was so sharp, that you could slice your hand in it. His eyes first showed anger, but then they showed sorrow. He opened his mouth to speak but nothing came out. He ran his fingers through his hair while sighing. I wanted to run away from him. I wanted to erase what I had just spoken. I wanted to tell him that this is all joke.

"You- You did this for dance? You did this for shoes?" He growled making me flinch at his tone. He snorted out in anger. He shook his head and looked down at me.

"Liam, ballet is my life; it's the only thing I know! I am not good at anything except for ballet. I can't disappoint them" I mumbled the last part

"Who?" He demanded

"Everyone, they expect so much from me. I have to show them that I can be the perfect ballerina. I have to show them that I am not just twirling around on that stage. I look around that room and there is a lot of competition. I mean how can I compete with them? When I look in the mirror my brain just throws out every single flaw Liam. My thighs are bigger, my butt is bigger, and everything about me is bigger compared to those girls in there. I have to fit in, there is no such thing as an overweight dancer in ABT! Hundreds of boys and girls audition for the company and guess what? Only like 10 of them will actually make it. I have to be one of 1/10 of those who make it. I have to have the body of a dancer Liam. Even if it means I have to purge to lose weight. But what's funny is that no matter how much I try to be one of them Liam I can't! I am trying so hard to be what everyone wants me to be and I can't! I am trying to be the perfect ballerina but why can't I? Oh wait I know that answer Liam!" I stop for a minute wiping my tears away "I can't do anything right because I am not good enough!"

"If I asked you to name everything that you love, just how long will it take for you to name yourself? " His words made my knees weaken, my breathing faltered

"That's the thing Liam, how can I? How can a girl who will never be good enough lover herself? I questioned as my back hit the wall

"Ah, see that is where you're wrong love, how can a girl like you not love yourself?

I furrowed my eyebrows; he looked at me and then my lips. He looked back up at me and leaned in. I closed my eyes and I felt his lips against mine. It would be cliché to say that I felt fireworks, but the inside of my cheeks felt so hot and there was this weird feeling in my stomach. I kissed him back, his hands dropped to my waist and he pulled me closer. I ran my fingers through his hair as our lips moved in sync. He pulled away slowly so our foreheads touched.

"Don't try to be something you're not. No one in this world is perfect, but in my world you sure as hell are." His words brought this huge smile on my face, an actual smile.