Chapter 39

Danielle

"Street fighting Danielle? Have you lost your mind" Mom fumed and moved the bag of frozen carrots to my lip

"It's not street fighting mom, its boxing." I flinched as she pressed them against my face. The backdoor opened revealing Julian and Dylan. Dylan rushed to my side and looked at my face.

"Who did this to you Dani?" Dylan moved the carrots and examined my face further.

"Nobody did, I'm okay" I pushed his hand away

"Oh so Casper the friendly ghost got angry with you because you couldn't see him so he decided to punch you in the face?" He was obviously furious

"She is involved with street fighting" Mom exaggerated which earned a laugh from Julian

"You seriously think that Dani would participate in street fighting?" Julian asked with a toothy grin

"I don't street fight mom, it's called boxing!" I spoke through my teeth

"Whatever Dani, you shouldn't participate in things like this. That is a bad image for a ballet dancer. You are damaging your beautiful body and you could get hurt." Mom met my gaze

"Oh I'm sorry but we don't all take our anger out on liquor" I was being extremely immature by bringing Dylan into this

"Danielle don't" She warned

"Did that bastard Liam have anything to do with this?" Dylan's nostrils flared

"Who is Liam?" Mom asked

"How about you stick with screwing Aubrielle instead of worrying about my life" I snapped

"That's enough Danielle" Nik's voice boomed throughout the kitchen "I am getting sick and tired of the two of you. It is really annoying me. You two have been going at it all week! I am sick of it goddammit! Y'all are young adults so start acting like one. You two are mad at each other for a stupid reason. There are people out there who would kill to have a brother or sister; there are also people who have lost their siblings. Tomorrow is never promised, there is no guaranteed that you will wake up tomorrow. So fix this..... Now!" He yelled the last part and left the kitchen along with mom.

"I'm going to head out, Dani get better" Julian kissed my forehead and walked out the back door. It was silent and I remained sitting on the counter. My gaze met Dylan's he looked annoyed and worried at the same time. I huffed out a sigh of annoyance.

"I don't have to apologize to you" I muttered crossing my arms

He scoffed and rolled his eyes "Typical Danielle"

"Why do I have to apologize for your doings? It's not my fault that you are an overprotective jerk!" I snap

"So I'm wrong here because I am trying to protect you from getting hurt?" He let out a chuckle. "Wow, I am a jerk because I am getting tired of seeing boys constantly treat you like crap. I'm a douche because I know that you deserve someone who is going to treat you like the queen you are? You deserve the world Dani, any guy would be lucky to have you. You're a smart, talented, funny, humble, and beautiful girl. Hell if you weren't my sister I would do everything in my power just to call you mine. You have that demeanor that would make both girls and boys fall for you. You can't take any more heart break Danielle; your heart is all broken. You claim that you want a bad boy, who is only good for you, but he will damage you sooner or later and you know it." He brushed passed me and I grabbed his shoulder and gave him pleading eyes.

"Dylan please, look I'm sorry okay. I appreciate you I really do. I'm not going to say he won't hurt me for sure, but Liam is different. I-I'm falling in love with him Dylan; I see a future with him. Please just give him a chance, let me prove to you that he is a genuinely good person."

He mumbled a curse word and huffed out a deep sigh and said . "He has one chance and that is all"