Chapter 71

Danielle

"Help me Danielle. Help me please!" His voice whispered

I rolled over onto a cold surface on the bed and immediately snapped my eyes open. I looked towards the balcony seeing Liam's tall frame. I grab his shirt and throw it on. Rubbing my eyes I made my way towards him. My presence was known, but he didn't turn around. I wrapped my arms around him and he pulled me in front of him.

"You should go inside it's cold out here." His voice was groggy and his eyes were red.

"You look like you haven't slept." I laid my head on his chest

"I have way too much to do and sleep isn't on the list."

"Watching Liam sleep is on my list." The fall breeze sent a shiver down my body.

"Are you belongings packed?" He asked while pulling away from him

"Yes, are yours?" I pull away from him and he nods slowly.

"The jet leaves in 2 hours. Take a shower and I will have breakfast made for you." His voice held no emotion.

"Liam what's wrong?"

"Nothing, I'm just tired that's all. Go take a shower and come downstairs." He gave me a genuine smile and pushed me lightly back inside. I walked towards the washroom and took one glance at him. His shoulders were slumped and he just looked lost. Maybe he will feel better once we get back home.

~ ~ ~

I pushed my food around my plate and noticed Liam doing the same. Something doesn't feel right and it's driving me crazy.

"My cooking isn't that bad." Harry comments

"If you don't want it, I will eat it." Lucky states with a mouth full of pancakes

"I thought we would sit together and eat like one big happy family before we shipped you off back home." Harry whines

"I'm not really hungry." I muttered feeling a bit queasy

"Are you sure that you have everything packed?" Liam asked me

"You don't look that great." Harry states

"I-I'm fine I'm just a little nervous about going back home." I tuck a curl behind my ear

"Why? Doesn't your family know you're on vacation?" Carter asked sitting beside me

Laughing Justin shakes his head and leans over on the counter. "Oh this ought to be a good one."

"My family thinks that I am in New York at some ballet school." I put my fork down

"Why won't you just tell them where you are?" Robert asks silencing me

"Believe it or not but her folks don't fancy Liam that much. In fact the brother hates him." Harry beams while opening the cupboard.

"Tell Marco to bring her bags down." Liam tells some man that I have never seen before.

"Um Liam we have a little problem in the basement." Fred walks in with blood on his shirt and I raise my brow. Liam nearly jumps out of his seat to follow Fred.

"Don't let her leave this kitchen." He tells everyone before running off.

"I'm a bit confused about your situation. Wouldn't the school check in with your parents about you being absent this whole time?" Curiosity began to creep up on Lucky.

"I um I didn't tell my parents that I was leaving in general." The image of blood on Fred's shirt kept coming to mind, along with the man downstairs.