Chapter 42

Danielle

"Wouldn't want to go back in that box now would you?" Dylan fires back. My eyes began to burn in rage.

"Dylan!" I snap at him. He is getting under his skin on purpose. He is making him seem like a really depraved person. Liam tries to get up but I pull him back down

"Oh so you're the Liam who he got into a altercation " Nik implies

"Thanks captain obvious" I mutter. Liam gets up and I try to stop him but he snatches away from me. I follow him out of the kitchen. "Liam I am so sorry, he promised me that he wasn't going to start anything"

"Danielle it was a mistake coming here, and I just- I can't do this anymore" He runs his fingers through his hair.

"Do what Liam?" I furrow my brows

"This" He exclaims and tugs on his hair

"What is this?" I ask already knowing the answer

"This whole us thing was a mistake" He spat making my heart ache.

"You don't mean it Liam."

"I do Danielle, I really do. I should have never let us get too serious. I am putting you in danger." His gaze looks to the ground.

"I signed myself up for danger the moment I made eye contact with you. You are trying to run away from your problems Liam. Eventually you will get tired and they will catch up to you. You actually believed that moving across the country was going to make your problems vanish?" I laugh while shaking my head "Liam I used to cut myself to silence my demons. I learned that the more I cut, the darker my thoughts became. I became friends with them and I wanted the same thing they wanted; death. I'm not asking for you sympathy at all. I just want you to know that I know what it feels like to drown in your own head. I know what it feels like to be suffocated by your thoughts. Don't let your past ruin your future. If you want to be done then fine, we're done" A tear finally escaped. I was not crying because Liam said our relationship was a mistake. Tears escaped because he was starting to give up on himself. He was starting to believe that he was no good.

"Dani, I just need time to figure this out" He grabs my hand and I pull away from him. Hurt flashed across his face but he masked it with a frown. "I'm sorry" I wipe my face

"Me too" I turn away from him and walk back inside the house. I am met by all three of them. "You just love making my life miserable huh? He makes me happy isn't that all that matters? Are you happy now Dylan? Do you like the way he hurts when he is reminded of his past? You must love the way he becomes insecure when it comes to me. Don't talk to me ever again Dylan!" I run my fingers through my tangled curls.

"Danielle, I am sure he didn't mean to" Nik joins in

"Nik stay out of it. He pretended to be so sincere that he would actually give him a chance." I fume

"Danielle, I- I am—I cut Dylan off

"I mean it Dylan, don't talk to me anymore!" I snap and run upstairs to my room.