Chapter 52

Danielle

Song: Daughter, smother

I opened the front door to my house. I was pushed into someone's chest I looked up seeing it was Dylan.

"Danielle I am so sorry." He kissed my forehead and continued to hug me.

"Where have you been all afternoon we were worried sick?" Mom began to wipe her eyes. I looked around at them.

"Can you please lie to me?" I asked hoarsely

"Huh?" Dylan replied

"Please tell me that he isn't gone. Charlie isn't dead Dylan! Please lie to me. Oh God please lie to me!" I sobbed. My knees began to weaken.

"I am so sorry Dani. He didn't deserve that." Nik comforted me. I pulled away from Dylan and ran upstairs to my room. I slammed the door and locked it. I began to rummage through my bag looking for my phone. I found it and dialed Charlie's number.

"C-Charlie, please answer your phone. You are not dead Charlie just answer the phone."

"Hey you've reached Charlie and I obviously can't come to the phone right now because you are listening to my voicemail."

"You are not dead and I refuse to believe that just answer the fucking phone and tell me that this is a joke. You were not murdered Charlie. No one would do that you!" The line beeped telling me that the voice message had ended. I let out a growl and continued to call him.

107 voicemails later his voicemail system told me that his voicemails were full. I sat on the floor and chewed at my nails. My entire body wouldn't stop shaking. Why would anyone hurt him? More so why would Liam even have a reason to kill him and put the murder weapons in his car of all places?

There were knocks on my door. "Danielle, it's me open the door or I'm coming in."

"Fuck off!" I yelled out at him

"Please just let me in." His voice nagged making me want to gag.

I let out a growl "If you know what's best for you then leave!" I backed into the corner and brought my knees to my chest. My door opened and his face met mine. He walked over towards me and crouched down in front of me. He touched my arm and I pushed him away. "Don't touch me Julian! You really have some nerve coming in this house." I snarl

"I know, but my mom came over as soon as she heard the news, and I am so sorry Dani." He tried to reach out to me again.

"Get the hell away from me! Get out Julian! Get the hell out!" I yelled at him pushing him so he fell backwards on his butt.

"You know I never meant for any of that to happen. I regret all of it Danielle I really do." He stands up and I do the same. He towers over me but that doesn't stop me.

"Get. The. Hell. Out." I shove him several of times. "You probably fucking killed Charlie and framed Liam for this! You are willing to make my life a living hell. You will get what is coming to you Julian." Tears began to fall again.

"Danielle please—

"Get the hell out of my house Julian!" I scream and began to hit him in his chest.

"What in the hell is going on?" Dylan comes rushing in the room. I began to break down into more tears.

"Dylan I want him out of here. Please get him out of here." I beg

"You heard her Julian. You need to need." Dylan stood by the door and Julian walked out. He looked back at me in sorrow. As soon as my door was closed I crawled back into bed and cried my eyes out. It literally feels like my heart is breaking. My phone began to ring and I ignored it, but something told me to answer. I rolled over to answer it

"Hello?" I answered

"An inmate from Clinton County jail would like to transfer a call, to accept this call press 1. To decline this call press 7." I pressed 1

"Baby are you there?"

"Yea." I croak

"Listen to me when I tell you this. I had nothing to do with any of this. You may or may not trust me right now, but Dani I have a friend or two that is at my house right now that is going to keep you safe until I get out of here. He's an asshole but you can trust him. Keep your windows locked and curtains shut." His voice was stern. "Baby do you understand me?"

"Mhm" I reply

"No Dani I need words, I need to hear you say it. Danielle, do you understand what I am saying?"

"Yes Liam." I replied

"Baby girl, I am not going to let anything happen to you. My time is up so I have to check on you later."

"Okay." I say barely above a whisper hearing theline click    

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote, Comment