Chapter 68

Danielle

Song: Salt Water; The Belle Game

I have literally been on edge since they have left. They have been gone for like 2 and half hours.

"I am stuck here babysitting you so please eat something." Michael begs while pushing a plate towards me.

"Do you know how many deaths have been announced in the last freaking 30 minutes? I ask while turning the TV up.

"Okay that's enough of that." Justin turns the TV off and limps back to the couch.

"Danielle they will be fine. We have done a lot worse than this." Michael adds

"I know, but how can you be so sure that they are okay? I ask biting my lip even harder.

"If you bite your lip even harder you are going to draw blood." Justin groans while placing his hand on his side.

"They will be fine I promise. Now what takes your mind off of things?" Mariah asks

"Dancing used to." I mumbled

"You're a dancer?" Mariah asked

"I used to be." I sink into the couch

"You used to be a stage dancer?" Michael asks and I send him a glare.

"I used to be a ballet dancer." I pick at the strings on the pillow.

"If I may ask what happened?" She turned her attention to me

"Only 3% of ballerinas actually make it to be a professional and only one percent will actually make it to be a principal dancer. I didn't fall under that 3% but my best friend Charlie did." I shifted a little

"Liam said your dancing was almost like watching an angel." Justin muttered

"He said that?" A smile was begging to break through.

"Yea, he said something about you losing yourself in the music. He talks about you a lot you know?" Justin changes his position so he was facing me.

"He talks about me?" I ask surprised

"You've created a soft spot in him, and he hates it. My brother may be a very deranged person, but he loves you. You wouldn't believe half of the stuff we endured while growing up. What I am trying to say is that you have to be patient with him. There are always going to men who are doing better than him, but that's where the loyalty comes in. He claims that no one will change his ways, but you are doing that ever so slowly."

"Those powerful words would kill his ego." The front door opens and we all get up.

"Do you know how close I was to getting arrested?" Carter yells

"Quit bitching about it." Jake states calmly

"Unlock the basement." Harry says as we reach the main entrance

"I was so freaking worried about you guys." I hugged the nearest person who happened to be Carter.

"You are way too kind." Carter hugs me back. He smelled of burnt paper. I pulled away and hugged Harry.

"Although you irk my soul, I would be sad if you died." I quickly pulled away from him seeing blood on his shirt.

"Aww so you don't actually hate me." Harry gushed

"If you and your cat were in a burning building, I would save the cat first." I tell him jokingly

"Fair enough." He muttered opening a door. I watched them walk down into the basement. I waited for Liam to come through the door. When he did him and Lucky were dragging in a body. I couldn't identify the person due to a bag being on his head.