Chapter 66

Liam

Song: I found; Amber Run

"I'm sorry Danielle for everything." She continues to eat the ice cream

"What did you do?" She asks twirling the spoon in the cup.

"What do you mean?" I ask

"I have not been outside the entire time we were here. You take me to some cute little ice cream parlor and you're apologizing. You must want something, or you did or you  are going to do something." She puts the spoon down. I frown. I am nice to her and now she thinks I want something. I am screw up.

"I have been treating you badly and I am so sorry baby. I just-fuck- I don't like when people don't listen to me. I hate not being in control. I hate that you have created a weak spot in me. You have been breaking my wall down and I have been building it right back up behind you. There is no excuse to why I have been treating you bad so I'm not going to make one up. You are really getting a glimpse pf the monster I am. I don't want to be that bad person, but Danielle I am. There is nothing good about me and you need to understand that. There is nothing good about me- -

"Liam you're not- I cut her off

"No you need to hear me Danielle. I-I murder people Danielle and that is just me. I am a gang leader and there is no good in a gang leader. I am a bad person Danielle I really am. I am a screwed up person who craves to do bad things. You are playing with fire Danielle and I have said this countless of times. You witnessed people trying to kill us. There is really no good in me. I made a mistake bringing you here, but I wanted to make sure that you were safe. What you have been witnessing is who I really am. I'm not supposed to feel this way about you. Falling for you was never supposed to be the plan. I don't expect you to forgive me right now so don't."

"I am letting my love for you blind me. Being with you is risky, but it's a risk I am willing to take. You aren't in tip top shape, so I will be here to try and mold you back together. I'm sure there will be a time when I have to let you go and it scares me. You're hurting me and I haven't been able to accept that. If you try to do better than I promise you that I won't ever let you go. If you aren't going to do better than I guess I will have to. You have me right where you want me naïve and vulnerable. Don't say that I'm not because I am. I allow people to walk over me, and I pray that in time I won't. You know that anything you do or say I will forgive you for it because I am that deeply in love with you. I admitted my feelings to you and that is where I went wrong. Now you're able to see right through me." She pulls her hand away from mine and grabs the spoon.

"I'm going to do better, but right now you have to bear with me. I can't automatically change my ways, but I will try to one step at a time. So baby, please be there every step of the way." I watch her as she twirls the spoon around.

"You know I will." She mumbles making me smile.

"I think you have pretty much cleaned out the ice cream." I notice that there is very little left.

"Yea, so we should go now." She grabs the ice cream and I follow behind her.

~ ~ ~ ~

"What about this one?" She drawls back the curtain and shows me what appears to be the hundredth outfit. I mean I personally prefer her without any clothes.

"You make anything work so it doesn't matter. Just get those and we will go." I check the time on my phone. She walks back into the dressing room.

Freddygotfingered: You need to be on your way back buddy.

Me: You can't tell me what to do.

Freddygotfingered: Just did, but seriously we need to get there during their busiest hour.