Chapter 63

Danielle

I huff out a sigh. If you ask me I honestly want to be furious at Liam, but I can't. I may sound stupid when I say I love him but I don't want to. That's the truth though. I know that Liam will cause me so much pain and damage, but I refuse to let him go. My mom has to be worried sick and I have a feeling that Dylan knows I am with Liam. I am pretty much over the fact that Liam took me here. He is ensuring my safety and I have to accept that.

"Pack your stuff right now we need to leave." Harry demands me and my heart starts to race. I nod and began stuffing my underwear and bras in my tote bag. I walk back into the room seeing Harry on the bed. A loud banging noise goes off and the glass in the room shatters. I am tackled to the ground by Harry. My hands began to shake and I pray to God that I don't have a panic attack right now.

"Fuck! Fuck! Stay down and follow me." Harry instructs as more gunshots go off. I want to cry at this very moment but I refuse to do that. I stay low like Harry tells me and watch as he grabs the car keys off of the nightstand. I follow him out of the room and downstairs. Liam comes out of the living room with a gun in his waistband and one in his hand. I slide on my shoes that are by the table. I hear someone groan and I noticed a boy slumped over on the couch.

"Liam we need to go now." Harry helps the boy from the chair that appears to be wounded. His face was pale and his hair was sprawled all over his face. He looked so lifeless.

"Danielle, help Justin and follow me." Liam demanded while waving the gun everywhere. Like what the hell! Harry basically drops Justin's weight on me. The kid is skinny but he is heavy as heck. Harry stays behind me while Liam is in front of me. Liam opens the door and checks the hallway.

"We have to take the stairs." Liam tells me while throwing his hood over his head.

"No! Have you ever seen movies? They will be running up the staircase and we are on the 10th floor." I pull Justin's arm further up my shoulder and follow him out to the hallway.

"This isn't a movie Danielle! Do not argue with me right now dammit." He semi yells at me.

I have no choice but to follow his orders. I help up a limping Justin down the stairs. It wasn't easy at all since his side was injured. Sounds of multiple footsteps are heard above us. I take the time to narrow my eyes at Liam.

"Do not say shit, they could have easily followed us on the elevator. Take the car and pull out back." Liam tosses me the keys.

"Are you suggesting that we split up?" I fume

"Yes, Dani now go now!" He looks up the stairs

"No offense Liam but in movies when people split up the black person always dies first!" I snap and he has a playful smile on his face. I am being so serious.

"You will not get hurt, now here take this." He pushes a gun in my hand. The sounds of the footsteps get louder. "Go now Danielle." I nod and drag Justin along with me down 2 more flights of stairs.

"Go through that door, we will take the elevator the rest of the way." We make it through the door and go towards the end of the hall. I press the elevator button and we wait for it to open. I could feel Justin's blood on the side of my hip. He is literally bleeding out.

"Danielle, watch out!" I am pushed to the floor and more gunfire goes off. I wait for people to start fleeing their room but nothing happens. I look down the hall seeing a man with a gun pointed towards us.

"Danielle you have to shoot him." Justin says so only I can hear. I began to shake my head.

"N-No I can't." I tell him trying to hand him the gun.

"I have to keep pressure on this, shoot him now before he kills us both." He demands. I raise the gun and point it at him. He smirks

"Come on sweetheart you wouldn't actually shoot me. Hand over the boy and I will act like you were never here." His accent is thick and heavy. I look at Justin and he nods. I pull the trigger and the bullet hits the man right in the chest.

My uncle fell forward and his blood was all over me.

"What did I do Aidan what did I do?" I began to panic and cry at the same time

" Hey! Hey Danielle you are fine, just breathe." I jump when a hand touches me

My thoughts kept going back to that night; the smell of the gun powder and my uncle falling down.

"What did I do?" I panic

"Whoa, Hey you're fine he tried to hurt us. Just breathe love you're okay." His hands grab my face.

"I-I think I killed him. I can't kill two people." Tears brim my eyes

"We have to go before more come." He grabs my hand and I help him up.

We take the elevator and my heart slams in my chest. We walk out of the lobby and into the parking lot. We spot the car and rush over to it. I climb in driver's side and he climbs in backseat. I hurry and drive to the back of the building by the back door. I climb in the backseat with Justin.

"Do you have panic attacks often?" He asks with a shaky breath.

"They only come when triggered. Take your shirt off." I instruct and he obeys. He has two big gashes on his side. I look around on the floor for anything to stop the bleeding. I spot a roll of duct tape; only Liam. I notice my tote bag is still on shoulder. I check inside only to remember that I stuffed bras and panties in there. I pull my Liam's shirt off of me and fold it over twice. I then place the shirt on Justin's side and began taping it. The front doors open revealing Harry and Liam.

"Are you two al- Danielle where in the hell is your shirt?" Liam semi yells

"On your brother who happens to be bleeding out. Would it be better if I stuffed bras and panties on him?" I snap and the car speeds off.

"Nice bra by the way. I always took you for a, you know plain white saggy bra." Harry snickers and I look down at my baby blue lace bra and cover my chest up.

"He needs to go to the hospital!" I tell Liam

"No!" All three of them say in unison

"W-what you are losing a lot of blood." I tell him

"Mariah will fix him up. Here put this." Liam throws me a shirt and I catch it.

"Where are we going now?" I ask pulling the shirt over my head.

"To a place that I never wanted to take you." He mumbled

I leaned my head back and tried to take in the scenery. How did I let my life become such a mess?

~ ~ ~

My eyes widened at the massive mansion that is before my eyes.

"What is this?" I ask

"This is where some of my fellow companions live." He tells me and helps Justin walk.

"What is so bad about it?" I ask

"Well let's see, gang members live here, meetings are held here, this is our hangout, drugs, money, and hookers are everywhere. I don't want you around that, though I could easily just tell everyone to clear everything out. Then that would defeat the purpose of this house. It's like 1 in the morning so brace yourself for this." He tells me while unlocking the door. The stench of weed and alcohol burns my nose. We turn a corner and Liam sits Justin down. My eyes widen at what is in front of me.