Chapter 37

Danielle

My gaze never did leave my hands. My ears still rung, which brought back horrid memories. The blood, the smell of the gun powder, it brought back unsolicited memories. My stomach churned at the thought, a lump began to form in my throat.
I cowered in the corner of the room as he neared me. Sweat trickled down my skin. My heart begged to escape my chest and my lungs begged for oxygen. He grabbed my legs roughly and I let out a screech, but it wasn't loud enough. My throat was dry from him strangling me, I felt myself losing consciousness. I could feel heat radiating from him. He was going to kill me, he wanted to kill me.

"I never wanted to hurt you Danielle, but you won't let me have you" His husky voice sent shivers throughout my body

I whimpered "Y-you are my family"

"We are family by marriage Danielle. You are such a tease; you walk around this house with short-shorts on. I just want to please you that is all" He pulled me closer to him and I fought around with him. At the corner of my eye I saw a gun hanging in his waistband. In one swift movement I grabbed it from his waistband.

"Oh so what are you going to do? Are you going to shoot your uncle? Nah you don't have the guts to shoot a man like me." His words were slurred

"Stay back or else I will shoot you" My hands shook violently and he laughed.

"You are nothing but a scared stuck up little bitch! You can't even protect yourself and your boyfriend won't protect you either." He snarled and smacked me right across my face. I aimed the gun back at him

"Danielle! Let me handle this put the gun down" Aidan was climbing through the window. His voice was calm and soothing. I just got so angry and pulled the trigger. My uncle fell forward and his blood was all over me.

"What did I do Aidan what did I do?" I began to panic and cry at the same time

"Danielle, listen to me closely, take my keys and go to my house. You snuck out to go to my house, you told me about your uncle and I came here to confront him. Give me the gun" I shook my head

"You will be in more trouble with your PO, I-I can't" He shushed me

"Do what I say Danielle. I will clean this up; I will fix this. Take a shower and put your clothes at the back of my closet in a suitcase." He pushed me towards the window and I grabbed a hold of the tree. I ran to his car and hopped in. I drove towards his house and I could hear sirens in the distant."