Chapter 54

Danielle

*8 days later*

To say that I am stressed out is understatement. Everywhere I turn around Liam's friends are there watching me. Yes it is creepy, but on the brighter side I feel safer. I told them to give me space while I go to the funeral. Harley or Harry whatever his name is told me that Liam said wherever I go he goes. The other guy stays at home and watches Liam's mom. I told Harriet guy to stay outside of the church during the funeral and he eventually abides.

"No, please don't make me go in there." I begged my mother feeling myself fall apart. My heart was slamming against my chest.

"If you don't get closure you will regret it." Dylan's voice wasn't soothing at all. No one had a soothing voice. I peered up at him and shook my head.

"I-I c-can't go in there. If I see him lying there in that freaking casket I- I will break down all over again." I felt my eyes well up.

"You have to say goodbye to him, it's now or never." Nik patted my shoulder and I slowly nodded. The funeral had already started like 20 minutes ago, but I just couldn't walk inside those double doors. Dylan grabbed my hand and squeezed it. I wrapped my arm around his torso and began to walk inside of that god awful room. There were many people in the room, but I didn't dare to glance up at the casket. We sat down and I immediately buried my face in Dylan's chest. Hearing all of those speeches just made me want to run out of the church.

"Before we close the casket, Miss Danielle Ray will be giving her final words to Charlie." The speaker said making people turn back at me. I began to shake my head rapidly.

"No, n-no no I can't do it." I clutched onto Dylan's perfectly ironed dress shirt.

"Dani please." I could hear the pleading in Charlie's sister voice. I shook my head and mouthed I am sorry.

"Danielle, you have to do it. Please let Charlie know how much you meant to him. After you give the speech we can go." Dylan cooed in my ear

"O-okay." I unlatch myself from Dylan's body and began walking to the front. I closed my eyes as I walked past his casket. I finally made it to the podium.

"H-Hi I'm Danielle or Shrek for short because that's what Charlie liked to call me." There were many laughs but it pained me to even smile. "Charlie and I have been- we were friends since I don't know when. I remember the day we first met at a dance camp. I was practically falling on my butt repeatedly because I couldn't get that stupid step right. I remember I gave up and I went to go sit down, but Charlie grabbed my hand and told me to try it again. He kept helping me with that step until I got it, but by the time I got it the session was over and it was time for lunch. It would be an understatement to say that he was good person because he was more than a good person he will forever be the best person I have ever met. Giving up, or I can't was never in his vocabulary and he had a great impact on everyone. He wasn't that popular dancer that everyone made him out to be; in fact he was that person that would read books during lunch. Our idea of fun was to throw gold fish and gummy worms in the pool and try to save them from drowning. He is the best thing that has ever happened to me. There were plenty of times when I wanted to stop dancing because I wasn't good enough, but Charlie didn't let that happen. He encouraged me to pick up more hours at the studio, and we would work on things together. He was more than just my dance friend he was my other half, my best friend. He was a talented and humble person who was going to do great things in his life. And now he can't because of some selfish jerk took his life. This was not supposed to happen at all! He is supposed to be flying high on a plane to New York, not getting lowered into the ground. I don't understand why this happened to him he was an innocent person this isn't supposed to happen to him. We shouldn't be here today! I want to wake up from this nightmare. Charlie wouldn't want me to be in this state but I- I can't do this." Tears poured out and I couldn't breathe. Arms were wrapped around me, it was Charlie's father.

"Danielle, honey you have to be strong." He cooed

" I can't. If anything that should be me in there not him! He was going to have a beautiful life. He was going to make a difference in this world not me! This isn't right!" My hands began to shake uncontrollably

"Don't talk like that Danielle! You are going to make a difference in this world. You are a talented young woman and you'd be crazy to stop dancing. Don't sell yourself short kid, do what Charlie would want you to do you hear me? I don't know why God took my boy, but it was for a reason. You have one chance to make it and don't you dare miss it. Don't let anyone tell you what you can or cannot do, the sky is not the limit Danielle; there is something beyond the sky you just have to reach higher."

I nod my head slowly. I let my eyes wander over to Charlie resting peacefully. The man began to close the casket and my heart felt like it was being squeezed. He's gone.

"Dani we can leave now of you want." Dylan grabbed my arm softly and I nod. I can't take this atmosphere anymore. I just want to get away.