Chapter 41

Danielle

Dylan walks into the kitchen to join mom. I look up at Liam with pleading eyes.
"Please just behave" I grab his hand and he pulls away

"Do not speak to me like I am a child" He snaps and I furrow my brows at his change in behavior.

"Did I do something wrong?" I search his eyes for a sign. Nothing.

"I don't think I should have come—

"You must be Liam" Nik intervenes which I am grateful for. He holds out his hand for Liam to shake. I nudge Liam in the side and he shakes his hand.

"Yes, and you must be the dad" Liam forces a smile on his face that Nik fortunately buys.

"That I am, well don't stand here the entire time come in the kitchen" Nik nods his head towards the kitchen. I kept my distant from Liam trying to figure out what I did wrong. Mom was wiping her hands off on the drying cloth. She turned around and her gaze went straight to Liam. She was shocked by his appearance obviously. I have come to love his tattoos and piercings.

Perplexed she looks at me and parts her lips "This is Liam?" I internally groan and nod my head answering her question. "So you're the Liam everyone is talking about?" I expect to hear a smart remark come from Liam but he doesn't.

"Yes ma'am and you must be her lovely mother" Sarcasm laces his voice.

"Lunch sure does smell good" I blurt in before she could respond to him. I sit at the table and Dylan sits on my left while Liam sits on my right. Food was passed around the table. I played with my food not in the mood to eat.

"Did you two meet at school?" Nik asks trying to conjure up a conversation.

"We met through Julian, um we go way back" Liam relaxes a little more

"Speaking of Julian, I haven't seen him around much" Mom clears her throat and looks at me.

"He's been busy" I lie

"Where are you from Liam?" Mom asked turning towards Liam

"I am from Marylebone" He answers back

"Where is that?" Nik asks

"It's an inner city area of central London; it's only an 11 minute drive to London from Marylebone. Well it depends on how fast you drive; if you're like me then it will only take 5 minutes" He jokes

"So you've spent most of your time in London I presume?" Mom puts her fork down.

"Yea, I mean Marylebone is a part of London."

"London looks really beautiful" Mom says intently

"It is really nice, but pictures don't give it justice. You have to go one day" He gives her a genuine smile which makes me smile

"If London was so great, why did you move away from there?" Dylan asks and his smile drops. Nik and mom wait for his answer. "Was it trouble in paradise?" Dylan pesters him even more.

"You don't have to answer him" I tell Liam and he sighs

"Is there something you want to know about me Dylan?" Liam retorts. No please don't do this not in front of my parents. I grab Liam's hand and squeeze it.

"I just want to know why you left London. Is that a crime?" He is doing this purpose. I look at Liam giving him a pleading look.

"Would it be a crime to kick your ass?" My heart literally drops. I wanted to crawl in a hole that moment. My mother gasped and Nik's eyes widen. Dylan held a smug look.