Chapter four

Serenity's room in the above picture. Damn these rich kids *wink*

______________________________________________________________________________

Sophia looked at her daughter, sitting across from the table. She knows..  Sophia slumped back in her chair. Her face was blank, but her insides shook with shame. The whole time she was lying but her daughter knew the truth, what would she think of her now? She definitely was the worst mother ever.
''Baby..I didn't want to lie to you..'' She started ''But your father and I are going through a bad phase. Mommy and Daddy just wanted some free time. And yes he comes home every night, because he's angry with mommy. So it's okay, I guess. I promise we'll go back into the family we once were as soon as mommy and daddy get's along'' And she lied. She clearly knew she was never going back to that man, she was never going to let him in her life again. But he was her father , she can't take away a father's love from a daughter. She just couldn't.
A sudden phone ring brought her back to the reality and to her daughter. ''I'll be back'' with that she stood up and walked over to the kitchen, picking up the house phone. ''Hello?'' She answered.

''If it isn't my wife'' Some on the other line cackled. Suddenly her grip on the phone tightened. ''Richard'' She spat, keeping her voice low. She didn't want to serenity listen to her.

''Oh I know what your thinking. Why have I called'' Sophia scoffed. ''Well you see, you can keep me from talking to you, but not my daughter. So go tell her I want to talk to her''

''Your not going to talk to my  daughter. You don't deserve to be a father!''
''Oh no no no. You are wrong here, my dear'' He laughed ''I am a good father. Just a bad husband.'' He corrected her. Richard knew he was right and that would help him get on her nerves. He didn't hate Sophia, heck he loved that woman. But Amelia, what could he say, she as this tine teenager walked with her big boobs and big ass around the house clearly teasing him. he couldn't stop. But he would have this woman back in his life, hell he would do anything to have her back.

Sophia wanted to slam the phone on his head and burn his body. But she could wait, ''Serenity. Daddy want to talk, come here'' She yelled and then turned to the phone ''You better not tell her anything about you cheating me'' She warned him to which he just chuckled. Serenity came running into the kitchen, her white dress flowing. ''Daddy?'' She squeaked, the previous sour look on her face was replaced with utter happiness, Serenity smiled into the phone at something he said. Sophia stood there, her arms crossed over her chest. her whole concentration was on the phone, trying to form the questions according to Serenity's answer. After a good 20 minutes of talking Serenity finally hung up. ''Here..'' She handed the phone to her mother. ''I'm sorry mommy I lied. And I'll be a good girl from now on. I'll take care of you until daddy returns from his business trip.'' She merrily hops back into the drawing room. Sophia nodded, a small smile forming on her lips , he was a bad husband but a good father. It made her heart ache, she loved him, so much that somewhere in her heart she wanted to forgive him. wanted to take him back but her mind won't let her make a unpractical decision. This time her mind would win over the heart.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

''Jack and Jill went up the hill, to fetch a pail of water, Jack fell down, and broke his crown, and Jill came tumbling after''  Serenity sang as Alice and Sophia chuckled and cheered, ''Good job bub, is this your favorite rhyme?'' Alice asked and Serenity nodded. ''I even know the Pussy cat one'' She stated proudly and Alice looked at her in awe ''Can you sing the pussy one?''. Suddenly the door burst open and Josh walked in ''Which pussy are we talking about?'' He chuckled but suddenly froze when he saw Serenity . Both Sophia and Alice looked up at him bewildered, ''I mean the white one brown or black'' He said. ''I-I mean the ones with four legs a tail.. a-and whiskers.'' He breathed out, clearly his face red. He didn't know Serenity was here in the cabin. Being the famous 'Double minded pervert' he was known as in the office, he no longer cared of what he spoke .

Serenity nodded and then smiled ''It's like, Pussy cat, pussy cat, where have you been? I've been to London to look at the queen. Pussy cat, pussy cat, what did you do there? I frightened a little mouse under her chair" Sophia smiled at her daughter, and Alice cheered, while Josh stood there trying everything in his will to not to laugh. Things a dirty mind can do to you..

''So Sophia are you coming to the club with us? It's my treat '' Josh asked her for the hundredth time. ''You know my answer Josh. I can't leave Serenity alone.''  She said as she scooped her daughter in her arms ''Oh come on! you can go. I'll take care of my bub'' Alice volunteered ''Plus my kid needs someone to play with. He get's bored with his granny.'' Alice was a single mother, after her husband left her, she did everything she could to support her family of four. Her parents and her son, who was the same age as Serenity. ''I promise I'll take good care of her and it' been forever since you've gone out'' She pushes the matter further. Alice was not only a colleague to Sophia, but she was a really good friend too. ''I don't know Alice'' Sophia shrugged. Yes, it's been a long time since she had fun but she couldn't help it and she didn't mind either. Her family always came first for her. ''Oh come on. You can leave her up to me. Hey bub? would you like to come meet Jose?'' Alice asked serenity to which she nodded happily. Jose was in the same school as her and in the same class. they were good friends and till this vacation  got over, she could actually use some company, it was better that to go home and sleep. ''It's final. She having a sleep over at my house'' Alice announced and serenity smiled, she loved aunt Alice ''Plus it's not the first time she'll be at my house for a night stay'' She playfully nudged Sophia. The last time Serenity was at Alice's was when Richard took her on a date. Sophia blushed and looked way from her friend ''Fine..'' She huffed ''But you would call immediately if she gives you any trouble  or if you need something''. Alice smiled at her broadly and nodded. ''Well with everything sorted let's get to work then!'' Sophia stood up with Serenity in her arms and walked out Cafeteria  to her cabin to finish off the rest of the work.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________