Chapter Five

Sophia sat there, with him in silence. Suddenly there was a small knock on the door, Conner muttered a 'come in' not taking eyes off of Sophia. The door opened, and a sleepy Serenity walked in, rubbing her eyes. Sophia instantly got up, and jogged over to her kneeling down in front of her she asked ''Hey bub! Everything okay?'' she was trying to remain calm but her heart was beating frantically. Serenity nodded , her big blue eyes stared at her mother ''I woke up..you were not there..'' She whispered. Sophia sighed ''I'm so sorry bub, mum was working'' She said hugging her daughter. ''Hey there'' A sudden voice made Sophia jump, of course! He was still here. Serenity cocked her head to the side, and a small smile made it's way to her lips, her eyes still holding the sleep from before. ''Hi'' Serenity waved her hand at him. Conner looked at his daughter, his eyes emotionless, except for the smile plastered on his face. He couldn't let his guard down, even for his own daughter, at least not yet. ''Mommy, am I still going to go to Jose's house?'' She asked and Sophia shrugged ''It's your wish bub'' She won't force her daughter for something she didn't want to do. Serenity looked down at her feet, not wanting to disappoint her mother, ''Mommy, I don't want to go there today. But if you're going with uncle Josh I'll go'' She said in a small voice trying her best not to disappoint her mother. Serenity loved Alice, but today she wanted to be with her mother. She had heard Josh asking her mother to accompany him to a club, the place where everyone dances, well at least that's what she was told. Sophia shook her head ''Then mommy won't be going anywhere'' Sophia smiled at her, knowing something was wrong with her daughter. She wont' force her to tell, but she would definitely support her.

''Whose Josh?'' Sophia tensed at his clam voice. Firslty, why do he care who Josh was. "No one" She mumbled, clearly annoyed by his behaviour. "Hey there kid" Conner  greeted his daughter, his voice low, almost soft. 'There comes the sweet monster faking it all' Sophia thought. Serenity smiled at the man she had met yesterday, and also at aunt Elizabeth's wedding. "Hello uncle" She gave him a polite smile. Conner's body stiffened as his eyebrows scrunched in annoyance. "Call me Conner" He offered a smile, clearly fake. Sophia walked over to Serenity, ready to leave. "Let's go bub" She whispered but was stopped by his abrupt voice "Oh Mrs. Morin, thank you again for inviting me over dinner tonight. I'll be on time ,8 p.m right?" Sophia snapped her neck towards him, glaring at the fool sitting in front of her. Her chest was rising with every breath she took trying to calm herself. "Yes. 8" She spoke through gritted teeth. How dare he invite himself over dinner without even asking her! Now she was sure she couldn't go to the club with Josh. She didn't bother telling him her address ,for he was a stalker he must know. With that she walked out of the cabin pulling Serenity with her , steam was visibly comming out of her ears.

It was almost 8 and Sophia had prepared some Indian dishes for him. Rice with spicy chicken curry, along with yoghurt and some pickle, he can either eat it or starve himself. "Mommy?" Sophia turned around to find Serenity standing near the kitchen counter, in her red frock, she looked so beautiful. "Yeah?"
"When will you get dressed? Conner would be here any minute'' She looked at her mother funny, mainly her mother was the first one to get dressed when some guests were to arrive, but today she didn't even realize it was time. Sophia saved her hand telling her daughter that she would get dressed before he came. Serenity shrugged and went out in the dining room , waiting for the guest to arrive. Sophia dragged her feet upstairs to her room clearly irritated. She took out a pair of pyjamas and a top, a small smirk playing on her lips. If the guest was comming over uninvited, then a nice host should make him feel that way. Wearing these pyjamas will alteast indicate her displeasure of him being here and that too self invited . She was not going to dress up for him or make any kind of efforts for that man. Sophia went in the washroom to change her clothes, thinking about ways of torturing the man.

The sound of the doorbell caught the attention of both the ladies as Sophia stood up and walked up to the door. A small smile on her lips, he's going to be so surprised when he finds out. She held the door knob and turned it around, Oh hiw surprised will he- "What the hell!" Sophia gasped.

There he was, smiling at her, but as usual, it was fake. His eyes held no emotion, his hands were occupied by a large bouquet of roses. His face looked even more clearer indicating of his recent shave. Her eyes travelled over his grey t-shirt, which hugged his upper body so dearly, which made her lick her lower lip.

How can a monster be such a fine man?

But that's not the part that caught her off guard, it wasn't even near it, the part which got her all shocked and stunned was - he too, was wearing a pair of pyjamas.