Chapter Twenty Four

This is a filler chapter, but read it. Also read the authors note in the end
I love you😘❤️❤️❤️❤️
__________________________

Conner walked into his office, his seven huge security guards blocking the reporters. They were like bees, buzzing all over.

"Mr. Manhattan is it true that you bought all those shares without considering the reputation of you company?"
"Mr. Manhattan what are you planning"
"Mr. Manhattan what is your motive?"
"Are you planning something big?"
"Mr. Manhattan are you vegetarian?"
"Mr. Manhattan look here!"

Conner scoffed at such stupid questions. Of course he has interior motives and no way in hell was ge going to let any one know.

He got inside his office safely, dismissing his men at once," I want these people to stay away from me. Plan a double and make him take my car towards some country side, make sure media follows him" One of his men nodded his head and quickly took out his phone, running off towards the exit while the others followed.

Conner walked towards the elevator, scanning his environment quickly. Everyone wasn't looking at him with shock, everyone was confused.
Conner knew this from the start. He knew if he made some kind of absurd decision he would get such reactions but his main focus was to save Sophia.

He had given her two days off, he wanted her to rest. Also he wanted her to prepare herself for the summoning, which was in a week.

She had to fight Richard with everything she had and make sure to have custody over Serenity.

Conner walked out of the elevator, ignoring all the flirtatious winks and smiled coming his way. Seriously who does that in an office?

Conner walked inside his office, the door closing behind him. Today was another cloudy day and it would rain any moment. His large office window showed him the entire city, it was all dark.

Conner felt a weird sensation in the pit of his stomach, something wasn't right.
He had this feeling, he knew something was off and it made him worried. He wondered what it was.

____________________________

Sohpia sat on her bed, as rain poured all over the city outside her window. Today was another dark and gloomy day, which was nothing new in this city. One day it was all shiny and bright, the other day it could be raining hard for three days straight.

Sophia pulled up the duvet over her body and resumed watching netflix series '13 reasons why'

By the eleventh episode she had literally bawled her eyes out.
There were moments which broke her heart, when Hannah told clay why didn't he tell her he cared when she was alive, also when Jeff died, he deserved so so much better. Sophia couldn't stand to watch the scene when Hannah's parents walked in to find her body and still telling her it's going to be okay...it broke her heart.