Chapter Seven

The sound of pen being scribbled against the paper was the only sound that could be heard in Sophia's cabin. She looked over at the watch, another 2 hours to go. Conner had promised to take Serenity to the ice cream parlour on the east end of the city. It was not really near, a 2 hour drive. Who the hell travells for about two fucking hours for an ice cream. But then again, she would travel too if the ice cream was said to be the best in the country. She sighed, Ceil will be here with Serenity after picking her up from her guitar classes. Sophia never really had interest in musical instruments , so she often wondered why was her daughter so interested in such things. But for all she cared, she just wanted to support her daughter in every way possible.

"Ma'am? " A sudden voice interrupted her from her train of thoughts. A young girl stood there by her door, her outfit a little too revealing. She had blonde hair and brown eyes with a dusky complexion "Yes?" Sophia smiled at her softly.
She smiled back as she entered the cabin "I'm Carlin. The new receptionist for the management sector. Mr. Josh Carter asked me to collect some files from you. Sophia nodded as if she now understood everything. Of course Josh would prefer anyone with short dress over long ones. She bend down and collected some files from the lower drawer, "There you go" She extended her hand to pass the files over. The girl walked ahead and took them from her hand and walked away. She walked her retreating form, something about her smile told her she should be more careful around her, but her brain told her it was just her lack of trust in people getting to her.

____________timeskipcozI'mlazy_________________

Sophia finished her work as she stood up and walked over to the cafeteria. On her way there, she saw a group of people standing over the notice board. She walked over to it, curious as to what had caught the attention of all those people.

All people of the firm are requested to gather up for a medical check up on the coming 14th May. It is not something you should skip because it is for your own benefit. There will be a team of profession doctors to help you out. Prevention is better than cure.

CEO
Conner Manhattan

She raised an eyebrow as to what he had written. A sudden medical test? Fir his employees? Was he being caring towards them or did he have other plans? He sure isn't someone who would care for others. So whatever he had planned, she will make sure she ruins it.

With a small smile playing on her lips she walks over to the cafeteria and spots josh sitting there along with Carlin. Both were talking and laughing, Josh was touching her every now and then and Carlin seemed to enjoy it. Sophia turned to her side and walked over to the counter. They can at least get a room. She was not a person to judge people, but things a heartbreak can do to you!

"A cheeseburger with extra cheese and a can of coke" She tapped her fingers against the counter as she waited for her order to come eagerly. She looked around again, and to her surprise she saw her boss, sitting alone in the corner table looking out of the window. What was he doing here? That to alone? She bit her lower lip, thinking about the various reasons he was there. He hardly got out if his cabin, and if he did it was for bashing up his staff and warning them every now and then. "You're order Sophia" Mrs. Sonia, a very old lady in her 60's smiled at her as she placed the tray in front of her. "I'll add the bill to your month's account honey" With that she turned around after Sophia thanked her. She picked up her tray and started walking towards the direction of her boss.
No! Not to sit with him, but because the only two empty seats were next to his table and in front of his table. She groaned inwardly as she walked slowly dragging her feet there. Either she sits in front of him, or next to him. She looked around, everyone seemed to be bust in their own conversation. She looked back at him , and then the table right beside him, well it's better to sit there than in front of him and getting prey to his penetrating gaze. She happily walked over to the seat a small smile playing on her lips.