Chapter Thirty Three

"Mommy! I want this!" Sophia looked up at her daughter jumping up and down on her seat and clapping her hands together with excitement, her pig tails just in sync.

"Bub you sure? It says corn and you hate it."

"No corn" she frowned adorably. Sophia laughed, "Okay I'll tell them no corn''

It was Sunday afternoon and Sophia wanted to spend all her time with her daughter. Thankfully, Conner had work and couldn't make it to their little lunch party. So it was just the two of them like she had wanted.

A young waiter walked over to the duo with a small smile on his face. "Ready to order?"

Sophia straightened up, looking over at Serenity.  "Go on bub, tell him what you want." Since the time Serenity has learned how to speak understandable sentences, Sophia had made sure she ordered her own food every time. Because she has seen grown people fumble with their own orders nervously. She was one of them.

"Italen pizza with coke?" Serenity answered, but looked doubtful.

The waiter chuckled, nodding towards the adorable girl. "You mean Italian pizza baby-girl?

Serenity nodded her head, her pigtails moving in sync. Sophia laughed, "Just make sure it has extra cheese and no corn. I'll have a diet coke and some chicken nuggets make that large, oh and a large pizza with extra extra extra cheese. Can I get medium fries too? Make that medium" 

The waiter nodded, noting down everything, simultaneously trying hard to suppress his smile. It wasn't every day that you come across such food lovers. "I'll be back with your order right away.."

Sophia sat there across the table from a very giddy Serenity, talking about everything she had missed out on due to everything going on in her life.

"So you mean this kid Jack gave you a rose?"

Serenity nodded, her big blue eyes staring at her mother's hazel ones. "Did you take it?"

Serenity shook her head, why would she take a rose from some random boy? "No mommy, I gave it to Mrs. Anderson.''

Sophia laughed, throwing her head back. 'Oh god' she muttered wiping away an imaginary tear. Poor kid got snitched on by her daughter.

"The next time a boy gives you a rose and you don't want it, tell him no politely. Don't go on telling the teacher about it and get him in trouble, okay?"

"Just what kind of knowledge are you passing down to your kid, Miss Dixon?''

Sophia groaned, not even bothering to turn around to see who the deep voice belonged to. "What are you doing here Conner?" She asked with annoyance laced in her voice. But loving the emotion he made Sophia gi through Conner walked towards them slowly, a smile plastered on his absolute gorgeous face. Bending down he swooped Serenity in his muscular arms, turning and going round and round and round, making her giggle.

A while later and after Sophia's continuous warning, he gently layed his daughter back in the chair and sat beside her, the small smile still plastered on his face.

"I just couldn't get her sad face out of my mind when I refused to accompany you both to lunch. So here I am. Also back to the topic, who was the kid who gave you this awful looking, cheap, dirty rose, bub?"

Sophia wanted to laugh at how possessive he was acting, all father like.

"His name's Jack!" Serenity clapped her hands together in excitement and her eyes lit up, which did not go unnoticed by Conner.