Chapter Fourteen

Sophia sighed as she looked at her wardrobe trying to find the right outfit for the meeting. She was to go with him to Paris tomorrow night for a few days, but she had been asked to carry an extra set of clothes just in case of an emergency.

Sophia took out a red dress which she had been given by Erica as her anniversary gift. She was still due to wear it but chose not to as it was really expensive and reminded her of her failed marriage.

She was all set to go, it was a four day trip. He had told her it was a very important project and they had to atleast attend 5 meetings. Some may be on the same day so she could not take Serenity with her. So she asked Erica to pick her up from her classes at sharp 2 and then take her to Xavier's mansion.

"Mommy?" A very upset Serenity called from behind her making her turn and look at her woth worry. "Yes bub?"
"Can I come too?" She asked but Sohpia shook her head. "We are not going on a holiday bub, it's an important meeting. If I were the boss I would have taken you but I can't, I'm sorry" And she really was. Seeing Serenity like this broke her heart but it had to be done.
Serenity just nodded and slowly walked out of her room to her own. Sophia felt awful, but she could not break yet.

__________________________________________________

Erica had called Sophia over 6 times. She was way to excited to have Serenity over for a few days. She was overwhelmed when Sophia  asked her to take care of Serenity.

Sohpia was leaving in a few minutes so she told Erica to come pick Serenity up in half and hour.
"Bub I'm leaving but I'll  be back soon, you need to behave, okay?" Sohpia sat beside Serenity who was looking at her tiny feet. "But mommy I want to come with you.." She sighed as pulled her teddy closer to herself.
"I'll  be back soon I  promise. Plus aunt Erica  will be here in an hour or even earlier. You will have a blast with her, trust me."
Serenity nodded as she quickly leaned in and hugged her mother. "I'll  miss you mommy"

"I'll miss you too bub"

__________________________________________________

"This way ma'am" A tall petite woman smiled at Sophia as she carried her luggage in a carry.  She had passed the security  and was being taken to his private jet.

Typical.

Once she entered the jet,  she felt a sudden mild fragrance hit her. It smelled like coffee and chocolate. She loved it.

"Ma'am please press the bell if you need anything" The lady told her and Sophia smiled back thanking her

The inside of the jet was even more beautiful. It had a brown carpet and black furniture. One table with two chairs were placed right near the window and the walls were also dark brown. The switches were of cream colour and the the fragrance made it seem like a wonderland.

She walked up to the table and sat in one of the chairs. It's  funny he's not here yet,  Mr. oh so punctual.

Sophia took out her laptop and plugged in the charger. She just needed to check the presentation once again to make sure everything was in order.

Suddenly the air hostess appeared from behind the black curtain.
"We are ready to leave ma'am. I hope the ride is comfortable for you. If you need anything please just ring the bell" She waa about to leave when suddenly Sophia stopped her.
"Excuse me," She read the name tag quickly "Tina, where is Mr. Manhattan exaclty? Isn't he supposed to join us too?" She inquired.  But she was sure he was supposed  to be here.

"Oh he's already inside" Tina smiled as she pointed to a closed door behind Sophia. 
Sohpia turned around and furrowed  her eyebrows.

"He's in there? What's in there?" She asked.