Chapter Eight

(Above image is Conner)

Sophia had taken the day off like she told to, so that day, she decided to take her daughter to the amusement park. It was a bright sunny day which automatically cheered her mood up. She had been dreading over last night and Richard's behavior had shocked her to no extent. All she had in mind was to take a restraining order against him, as soon as she could. Also, a divorce had to be filed soon, very soon.

Her heart almost ached when she thought of divorce. All her life, she had been rejected and let down. By her father, her friends, her family and now her own better half. She wanted thing to go back to how they were just a year ago, but she knew it was not possible. Not now.

''Mommy I'm ready'' Sophia turned around to find her daughter in cargo pants and a white shirt. She had better clothes than Sophia did. ''Great! Let me go and get my purse'' Sophia got up from her chair and went over to the kitchen counter, her high waist-ed blue jeans complimenting her legs and her light pink top hugged her curves. She had her hair up in a bun , she didn't want to sweat her soul out.
Problem of a girl with long hair!

She walked out of the door and waited for Serenity to catch up, she handed her the purse and locked the door . ''Let's go!'' She held Serenity's hand and walked over to her car, praying desperately for nothing bad to happen.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

''YOU!'' Sophia let out a outraged whisper. ''WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!'' She was almost shaking with anger.
''Good to meet you too Mrs Morin'' He greeted.
She narrowed her eyes ''I asked you a question''
''And I chose to ignore it''
''This was supposed to be mother-daughter day! What the hell are you doing here!'' She exclaimed. She could not believe he was here!
''I guess you should ask your daughter about it'' He shifted his stare from her to behind her where a hopping Serenity was approaching her with cotton candy in her hand. She turned around and for the first time she wanted to smack some senses into her daughter. Serenity was smiling all the way and her smile only widened when she saw Conner standing there.

''Con-Con!'' She greeted happily, unlike her mother.
''Hey there!'' Once again, his stoic expression was converted into a happy one. How does he do this!

''Mommy'' Serenity turned over to her mother with utter bliss. ''Time for ride!'' With that she held Conner's hand and pulled him along. Sophia stood there, clearly paralyzed . She could see how comfortable Serenity was with him and it scared her to no extent. Soon he would have full control over her and she would lose her to him. No, she couldn't let that happen, she just couldn't .

Slowly walking over to both of them she stood there , clutching her purse close to her body. She could hear her daughter speaking something to Conner but she couldn't hear it, she didn't want to. All they talked about would do nothing but worry her more and she just wanted her problem to decrease, not increase but clearly it was too much to ask for.

''Mrs. Morin?''
''Mommy?''
Both of their worried voices brought her back from her own worry world. ''Yeah?'' She forced a smile and looked at them. ''Only two seats are left for the ride mommy'' Serenity pouted ''Can I go with Con-Con?''
Sophia's mouth literally hung open. What was happening?
''I promised Con-Con that we'll go on every ride, and he can't be left alone mommy'' She justified, which made Sophia more angry.
Why the hell would a damn 5 year act like a 62 year old grandma!

But again she forced a smile, and nodded. ''Sure.'' Without a second glance, she turned around and walked out of the area. She took slowly walked towards a small food stall where an old man was selling hot dogs and was humming a tune to himself, but he didn't realize everyone nearby could hear him.
''Can I get an extra spicey....'' She looked at the board which held the name of different type of hotdogs and their price ''Fire dragon?'' She said it more like a question. What kind of name was that for a hot dog?
The old man stopped humming and looked up from his work. ''Sure! Do you want anything else?''