Chapter Twenty Seven

"You sure your kid's normal?" Christian scrunched up his nose in displeasure. Why would a 5-year-old want this nasty hairy fella?

Sophia glared at him, "Keep your voice low.." She shushed him.

It was 3:14 a.m and Sophia and Christian were currently on a mission to dispose of this spider in the jungle nearby.

Well, that's not exactly how it started...

9 HOURS AGO

"So you're telling me this shit here is a pet? And you named him?" Christian literally gagged. Sophia gave him a nasty look warning him with her eyes.

"Charlie..it's his name" Serenity huffed. Everyone was giving her weird looks and she didn't understand why Charlie was such a good boy. He ate his food and slept all day, they didn't have to take him for walks nor bathe him. So what was the problem exactly?

"You can touch it if you want, he's friendly. I guess he's learning how to jump" Serenity walked closer to Christian and held up the glass box, her other hand opening the lid and the spider was quick to run towards the new found opening. 

Both Sophia and Christian literally ran out of the room yelling, Sophia threw her purse on the floor and pushed Christian out of her way making him stumble to the side. "You stupid woman!" He yelled as he regained his posture and followed her, both of them running zig zag till they reached the 'safe zone' which was outside the mansion.

They later decided that they have to get that thing out of that house by any means without letting Conner or Serenity figuring out their plan.

"I'm very much sure that no one keeps a tarantula as a fucking pet in their right minds"

"That's my daughter you're talking about" She punched him in the gut and he instantly rolled over. "Whole family is fucking crazy!" He hissed as he clutched his stomach.

Sophia rolled her eyes, why was this guy even a bodyguard?

''For a kid, he's just an innocent pet" She lowered her volume, not wanting to wake Serenity up even though they were still outside her room.

"Oh yeah? So when are you going to buy him a chew toy and a big house?"

"He's a spider, not a dog!"

"Oh really! I never fucking noticed! I thought he was just an innocent pet!"

They continued for another five minutes till both of them agreed it was time to take out that thing.

"Okay, let's go over the plan once more. I get the box from inside and give it to you, you put it in this bag and take it out of the house and throw it away somewhere he can live happily"

Christian scoffed, "Live happily? What are you 5?"

"Don't forget I punch like a bitch"

He instantly shut up, "Fine. We don't have much time. Go go GO!" He hissed.

Sophia quietly opened held the door knob and turned it around, opening the door. She took out her phone and switched on the torch. She tip-toed into the room and moved her body without causing much noise.

Firstly she turned to double check that her daughter for sleeping and it made her guilty. She hated how guilty this made her but she just couldn't let her daughter have this creature as a pet.

She then turned towards the other side,    where that glass jar was supposed to be.

She jogged towards the direction, her hand frantically moving from side to side looking for the glass jar but there was nothing. Where was that thing!