Chapter Twelve

Sophia stood in front of the mirror. Slowly, she turned to her left and then right, her eyes scanning the mirror. The black dress clutched onto her body like her skin, it made her curves look even more appealing. But she had not smile plastered on her face but she wore a grave expression.

Why were funerals so dreadful?

She sighed as she picked up her purse and turned around. Serenity was sitting on the bed with her legs dangling downwards. She looked at the watch, it was almost 11:59. Alice was taking Serenity and Jose to a new amusement park today. Sophia didn't want Serenity anywhere near funerals or such dreadful occasions.

The bell rang after a few minutes and Serenity ran downstairs with Sophia behind her. "Don't run, you'll fall" Sophia warned her but she of course did not listen. Ciel stood at the door and Alice stood outside with a smiling Jose looking arund nervously.

"Hey bub!" Alice smiled as she ruffled Serenity's hair and Serenity giggled. Sophia walked towards them and offered them a small smile.

''Thank you again Alice''

"Don't thank me! I love spending time with her. Anyway we're getting late shall we go bub?" She asked Serenity who nodded her head eagerly.

Sophia gave them a weak smile and soon watched as they all moved into the car and soon drove off.

_______________________________________________

Sophia stood under a small tree and looked ahead of her. A coffin was being placed on the ground, a lady crying for her daughter.

She was young, too young to die such a terrible death. Aubrey Simmons was a 23 year old girl who had just started her life. She had a good job and her parents loved her but who would have thought what fate had in store for her.

Rape and murder was definitely not one of them.

Sophia looked around, there were a few known faces and many unknown ones. Must be their family who flew all the way here for her funeral.

She closed her eyes as and thought back on the day where she was in the same position. The day no one knew about.

Sophia was running around the kitchen with a box of cereal in her hand and music playing on the television. She had just came home and mom had taken Erica to her parents meeting, meaning she would have a few hours to herself.

Sophia sat down on the torn couch with her legs crossed and her back against the couch.

"Although loneliness has always been a friend of mine, I'm leaving me life in your hand, people say I'm crazy and yes I am bliiiiind.." Sophia hummed with the backstreet boys as they sang in thier melodious voice and she in her not so good one.

Suddenly the phone rang in the kitchen,
"Must be mommy" She jumped of the couch and kept the remote on the side.

"Hello?"
"Hello? Sera?" A weak voice spoke on the end.
"Daddy..?" Sophia whispered. She had been told that her father left her to be with someone else. She knew that was a lie, she knew he loved her. Maybe he loved her more than Erica, she was the big baby. Wasn't she?
"Hey Soppy. How are you moo?" He coughed on the other end but it was ignored by Sophia.
"Daddy I'm good, when are you coming back? Mommy told me you left us..I know you didn't. Please come back soon the next season of winx club is starting next week. We'll watch it together like always" She asked him hopefully.

A sigh was heard on the other end.

"I'm not coming back Soppy. I won't be able to make it" He whispered the last part.
Sophia furrowed her eyebrows and licked her lower lip nervously.
"Why not daddy? You have work? Come later then?" Sophia tried to push the matter further knowing her father would not say no to her.