Chapter Ten

Erica walkes in with Sapphire in her lap and Xavier's arm around her waist. Erica laughed as Xavier mimiced a lady who was scolding her husband.
"Don't ever become like her" He warned and she playfully nudged him.
"Mama..'' Sapphire closed her eyes pulling onto Erica's neck
"Yeah baby?" She asked as Xavier ruffled her hair .
''Sweeply.." she mumbled as she rubbed her eyes as she let out a sigh and soon her lips pouted.

"Saphy close your eyes and sleep" Xavier ruffled her hair as he pulled Erica closer.
"Xavier what are you doing?" She asked as a few people standing in front of them turned and giggled followed by awwws and ohhhs.

Erica blushed as she looked away but Xavier just smirked. Typical Xavier.

They walked outside the Airport where people was waiting for their relatives or clients with their name written on the play cards.

"There" Xavier pointed at the man who had Xavier Manhattan written on his play card.

Erica nodded as she carried Sapphire and Xavier carried the trolly. They could've hired people to do that but then it would not have been necessary.

"Mr. Manhattan?" The man asked with a half smile and skeptic look on his face.
"That would be me" Xavier's playfull tone was long gone now replaced with his business voice. Erica looked up at him and sighed, even after all these years she was not able to get used to his home and business mode. He was just a different person everywhere!

"I'm Josh McLeod" He now smiled fully as he moved ahead and took the trolly from his hand "Please follow me your car is wating" He told them and flashed a polite smile at Erica. She smiled back as continued walking. Suddenly Xavier's grip on her waist tightened. She looked up confused and then giggled when she saw his expression.

Overprotective much?

_______________________________________________

"So me and Sapphire will go to Sophia's house while you and Conner will be there till night?"

"Yup. That's the plan" Xavier answered as he pulled Sapphire in his lap so Erica could sit comfortably.

"I still can't believe Sophia's stuck with Conner again. I mean how on earth did he bacome her boss out of no where! I feel so bad for her" She grumbles
''Well my brother isn't that bad. After what happened to him last year...."
"No Xavier. I know and I understand what happened to him was bad, really bad. But I can not ignore the fact that he ruined my sisters life 5 years ago"

"But he did apologize and he was sorry"

"Yeah I know Xavi.. it's just that I don't want him to be the cause of any problem between Richard and Sophia. Plus we can't risk letting Serenity know" She sighed.

"Yeah..I agree" Xavier finally let of of the conversation, not wanting to continue it any longer.

____________________________________________

"OH MY GOSH I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'RE HERE!" Sophia jogged towards Erica and hugged her. Xavier smiled as Sapphire giggled.

Erica hugged her back and laughed "Oh god you look so pretty! New hair colour?" She asked as she twirled a few strand of Sophia's hair around her finger.

Sohpia nodded "Yeah. You know how much I love trying new hair colours!" She nudged her playfully and Erica laughed out loud. They were secretly remembering the time when Sohpia coloured her hair green and yellow for Halloween, and then even went to school for a month with it. Being the popular kid she was, a few girl followed her too.

"Hey sister-in-law " Xavier gave her a side hug.
"Hey Xavier.. and oh my god whose this little princess here?" Sophia smiled as she pulled Sapphire's soft cheeks. Sapphire blushed and hid her face in the crook of her fathers neck.