Chapter Twenty One

''It feels so good to be back'' Alison stretched as she walked out of the gates of hell. She had been in that rotting prison for almost 5 years or more, she had lost count. Everyday she would blame the Manhattan's for her condition. And now finally she would be able to take revenge from those people.

''Alison?'' An unfamiliar voice made her stop and turn. And old man stood there with briefcase in his hand.

''Yes?'' She answered suspiciously hoping it was not one of those Manhattans.

''I'm Cody. Mr. Salvador has asked me to give this to you'' He hands over the briefcase to her ''Also, this'' He takes out a paper ''Please read this thoroughly, it has the instruction written that you have to follow. The briefcase contains cash and all the other things you need to survive. Since we can not have you roaming around with you name, your new name will be Shery. It's temporary till we execute the plan, till then you can rest in one of Mr. Salvadors penthouse. My driver will take you there and please make sure when ever you talk to somebody, your name is Shery'' Just then, a car with tinted windows came into view. Cody looked at the car and gave her a signal to go and sit. ''Mr. Salvador will be meeting you soon, till then make sure you read everything. We don't have much time, please leave. '' With that Cody walked towards another car and drove off.

Alison stood there shocked, there was so much she wanted to ask, but she could not as that man was in so much hurry. She cringed at her new name, it felt like her identity had been striped out of her and she has been shoved into some kind of puzzle. She had no clue what was going to happen, but she had to make sure she followed his plans, because he seemed to be a very powerful man, that Salvador.

''Ms. Shery, please get in we don't have time'' The driver asked her politely , making her cringe.
She quickly got inside the car, it would take a lot in her to accept her new identity.

__________________________________________________________________________________

''So daddy made me a cake, but burnt it badly so mommy had to make the cake again'' Serenity turned another page of her album. ''This, is me and mommy when we went to Hawa'' she smiled at the memory.

''You mean Hawaii?'' Conner asked and Serenity nodded. Sophia sighed. ''Come on Seri, let's have dinner already. We've been seeing these photographs from the past two hours, con-con must be hungry.'' Sophia stood up and stretched, making serenity sigh ''Okay mommy''

''Good girl, go keep them back in the drawer, i'll get the dinner ready.''

Serenity jumped from Conner's lap and collected all the Albums, ''Con-Con, this time if dad is busy would you come with us?'' Sophia whipped her head towards serenity, what was this child asking Conner to do? ''Daddy doesn't seem to be free anymore, so i was wondering if you would come with us?'' She asked sadly, making Sophia's heart break.

Her daughter, though young, knows everything. She was not supposed to see this, her childhood should have been different, better than her own.

''I would love to'' Conner answered and kissed her forehead, making her squeal with happiness. Serenity thanked him and quickly ran up the stairs towards her drawers. ''Don't run or you'll fall!'' Sophia yelled behind her.

Sophia walked into the kitchen, and took out two plates, and special princess plate set for serenity. According to her, it was funny having a male with them again after so long. After Richard left, it was rather empty without him but Serenity had developed a bond with Conner, which was so rare. She never thought Serenity would open up to him so quickly, she even invited him for a family vacation.

But at times her heart skips a beat when she realizes that maybe, just maybe one day Serenity will find out the truth about him being her real father and it would kill her. She also knows that the bond these two share is now getting unbreakable which was good and bad.
''What are you thinking?'' Conner asked casually, leaning against the counter. Sophia looked at him, contemplating whether to tell him or not.