Chapter Eleven

Sophia took a deep breath, then another. Her chest felt like someone was choking her, her breath came out short, calculated.
A 1w
Erica sighed in relief "Oh well, that's good right. When is that ass dropping her here?" She inquired. Erica didn't know that is exaclty what scared Sophia, the fact that her daughter was with the monster she didnt know what would happen next.

"No.." Sophia whispered. "No no no no.." she chanted again and again.

Stopping all the negative thoughts, she sprinted towards the kitchen. Picking up the wireless, she dialed a number.
As she held the receiver with one hand, she kept on rubbing her face with the other one. Her anxiety was killing her.

"Pick up god damn it!" She yelled over the phone.
''Sophia what's wrong? Just call him and ask when will he be dropping her-"
"THAT IS WHAT IS WRONG!" She looked at Erica with her red eyes,"He is not that good! You don't know him! He's a monster! H-He cheated on me and he'll do anything to get back at me for throwing him out of the house! You don't know him...you don't. ." She whispered the last part.

Erica stood there looking at her sister, she knew Sophia was acting too casual back there when she asked her about him but didn't want them to know.

Suddenly the thunder roared, and sound of heavy droplets hitting the ground could be heard.

Erica sighed and walked over to Sophia. "Let me call Xavier, he'll do something.."

_________________________________________________

Sophia sat there, fifteen minutes had passed and she was constantly calling Richard but he did not pick up. On the other hand Erica had called up Richard's office, but his Secretary told her ja had left a few hours ago. This just increased Sophia's tension. She was pacing back and forth in her drawing room with Erica constantly telling her everything will be all right.

The fact that scared Sophia was the most was that Richard was not someone you would mess with. Also, Serenity was not his real daughter, he could do anything to her. Anything.

If he could cheat on her and act like he did nothing wrong, he might as well show no mercy in case of her daughter.

Soon a car pulled up outside their house, making a screeching sound.

Xavier, Erica thought.

Erica walked over to the door and quickly opened it, but what she saw in front of her she nearly froze.

Conner was standing there, all wet. His eyes looked bloodshot red, his breath came out short. He looked like he would smack her neck in two just in a second, but he was refraining himself from that. He entered the house, slightly pushing Erica on his way.

"Hey.." Xavier growled as he walked up behind him and wrapped his arm around Erica protectivelly. "Don't ever do this again" He told Conner who of course ignored him. He walked towards Sophia who was standing there with her phone in her hand .

"Where is my daughter Sophia" He asked in a low voice.
"I-I.." Sophia couldn't answer because she was scared, for the first time. There was no jerk of a man standing in front of her. It was a father, an angry father.

"Answer me" He took another step closer to her, now just a feet away from her.

"I don't know..Richard picked her-"

"AND YOU LET HIM! SHE WAS GONE FOR MORE THAN 5 HOURS. WHAT KIND OF A SICK TWISTED MOTHER ARE YOU?" He yelled at her, making her flinch. Somewhere deep deep down she felt broken. She knew she had failed as a mother, when all she wanted was to be the prefect mother. She loved Serenity so much and if anything happened to her as small as a scratch, she would die.