Chapter Twenty

Please comment about the story and less about the update I'm really working hard to find ideas and getting time out of my exams to write so please cooperate also i read every comment so it would mean so much to me if you comment about the story and tell me what part you like the most and what you want next.
Thank you buttercups <3
I love you and here we go!
____________________________
Sophia sat in seat, looking at the watch every two seconds. It was so hard to concentrate when you have a date in the very next break.
Okay, Sophia won't call it a date but Conner had requested her to bring in two cups of coffee and promised her some good Indian food. No one would call it a date. But even then it felt like it was no less than a date. Sophia picked up the pen that was lying right next to the file and clicked the bottom of it again and again.

She wondered if Connor was this anxious, she had no clue and she desperately wanted to find out. "Oh my god why is it so hard!" She exclaimed and brought her hands up to her face rubbing them lightly. She wanted to just barge into his office and ask him what  was he thinking but she knew she can never do it.

Finally the clock struck 12 and she felt like Cinderella .  Okay maybe that's too much but to her every second felt like her heart was going to explode.

A sudden knock on the door brought her out of her wonderland. It wad Alice with a sly smirk on her face.
"My god look at your blushing face right here!" She slid inside the cabin with two cups of coffee in her hand. "So I brought two cups with different flavors just like you asked. I hope Conner doesn't throw it on you with that temper of his" She joked.
Sophia did not really tell Alice the whole story knowing fully well that dating is forbidden by the rules in the company and also that Alice is a strict follower of each and every one of them.

She loved Alice and hiding things from her was killing her but she just had to do it for the sake of her job.

"Yeah it's fine thank you" Sophia smiled at Alice and then got up, checking her purse for some money. "How much was it for?" She asked but Alice just waved it off "It's on me this time. You make sure that the meeting in there goes perfectly and the monster doesn't kill you in the process." Alice laughed and then looked at the clock "It's almost 12:5 you should leave before her feeds you to his piranha" Sophia chuckled nervously and nodded her head, "Thank you Alice I'll see you then" Alice nodded her head and went out of the cabin. Sophia picked up the coffee cups from the table  &  took a deep breath. "You can do it. You are a strong independent woman who is going out on a date with- wait no! I mean Sophia you are a strong and independent woman and you got this, yes yes you got this!" She took a deep breath and walked out of her cabin, hoping she doesn't create a blunder this time.

______________________________

"Oh my god I'm so sorry" Sophia held the-now empty cup of coffee in her hand and looked at Conner with her hazel eyes almost as if she would burst  into tears any moment.

Conner quickly got up and shook his head "No it's fine I'll just go get it cleaned!" He answered In his usual monotone voice.
On the other hand Sophia was as pale as a ghost. How did this even happen! She was just bending over the table to hand him his cup of coffee and her own cup fell all over the table. The hot coffee got spilled over some papers on the table and most of it just  magically jumped all the way from the table to his shirt and pants. This was one of her most embarrassing life experience.

"Sophia! Are you listening to me?" Sophia whipped her head to his direction and nodded not even knowing he was talking to her.  Conner sighed and walked over to the washroom, "Can you call the janitor to clean this up I'll just change into something else"

"You have something else?" She asked,truly curious. Why would he have an extra set of clothes in the office it made no sense to her.
"Yes I do. Now please hurry up before the coffee stains everything and please check yourself for any burn or injury. The first aid is in the drawer right next the door, I'll be back"
With that he walked in and closed the door behind him. Sophia quickly called the old cocky janitor who laughed right on her face for being so clumsy, "For being so pretty you sure are dumb" And with that he had left. That ass!