Chapter Thirteen

For those of you who don't  know who Salvador is, read chapter 8 and 9
As for Aubrey Simmons, she is just a neighbour. 

PLEASE READ THE CHAPTERS THOROUGHLY.
___________________________________________________
Sophia was sitting on her chair with her head resting against it. She looked at the clock in front of her eyes.

Tick tick tick.

The sound of clock was not soothing  at all, but pain to her ears. She did not want the day to end, she wanted it to go on and on and on and the night should never arrive.

Tonight, Conner was supposed to come over for dinner again. Serenity invited him over over the call last night and she wanted to stop him, but she didn't know with what solid reason.

She sighed as she pushed herself off the chair and stood up abruptly. She needed to discuss a few things with this man. Yes, he was allowed in her daughter's  life, not hers.

She walked out of the cabin but did not forget to carry a file. She didn't  need the gossip mongers to call her a slut who goes into the boss's  cabin without any work.

Yes, her office was that bad.

She made her way towards his cabin door and knocked loudly.

"Come in" His deep voice called from inside, his voice alone gave Sophia nightmares.

Some good ones too.

Sophia took a deep breath as she entered  the large door and then closed it behind her. The interior  was same as always, dark and cold.

Why won't  he ever turn on all the light? Just the lamp beside him.

"What's  the matter?" He asked never taking his eyes off the blue file in front of him. It looked like he was studying something.  She sighed  as she walked right up to him and sat in front of him, not waiting for him to speak.

"Conner, I  need to set some boundaries" She spoke with so much conviction,  even conner had to  stop  and look up at her.

He stared at her for a second, then intertwined  his long slender fingers and leaned back on his black leather chair.

She looked at his face, the dim light showed just how perfect his each side was. The one which  was lit, was making his dark blue eyes seem like the  sea were being enjoyed by the sunrays. His jaw clenched  and unclenched as he gulped.

"Stop staring and speak" He told her, making her eyes widen.

"Yes, that. I just wanted to remind you that you are allowed only in my daughter's life, not mine. If you want to spend time with her take her to some park or anything but refuse her if she invites you for lunch dinner or whatever. I don't  want you anywhere near me. I hate you and I think you know that so I  don't  think I  need to say anymore. That's  all I  wanted to tell you, now I  must leave." Sophia grabbed the table in front of her and was ready to get up when suddenly  a chuckle made her stop.

"So you think you can get away by odering me around like this? You think I'll  follow your command? Who am I your dog?" He did not move but the twitch in his eyes was not ignored by her. She gulped as she looked at him and then the large window  behind him. The clouds were grey, almost black like it always was.

"Sophia, let me make it clear for you. Yes, I'm only allowed in my daughters life, but clearly you did not read our contract properly before signing it, did you?" He smiled at her before bringing his hand up from under his desk and keeping the paper in front of her. "Rule number 4 under section 4 says that anything negative  related to Serenity if not handled by you properly would be taken care of by me. Your lap dog and you have disappointed  me not once but twice. I do not care for you, I care for her. I want to make sure Richard  does not harm her in any way and for that i need to keep him away from her. And to keep him away from her, i need to keep him away from you. You are not a priority  to me but a mere liabilty. So i suggest you to read the contract properly" He sighed "it would all be so easy if you were not there" He said the last part more to himself but it was like a slap on her face.