Chapter 1

Calum's P.O.V

I sighed in annoyance. We were on our way to Miss Marie's Orphanage for Girls to adopt someone, and the boys were arguing about who was going to be the one to sign the papers and be her father.

"Guys! Wait!" Ashton yelled suddenly. Michael, Luke, and I looked at him. "I think Calum should sign the papers."

That confused me.

"Why me?" I asked.

"Because you're the only one not fighting about it." He said, laughing as if it were obvious. I shrugged.

"OK."

Ryan's P.O.V.

It was 5 in the morning and I was the only one awake. I wasn't even on my bed. I was curled up in the corner of the room, hugging my knees. Memories kept hitting me like bricks.

++++++++++++
"Get up, you worthless girl!" My mother called. "It's 9:00! Get up you lazy little B**ch!" She kicked me in the stomach, and slapped my face. "And make us breakfast!" She stormed out of the room leaving me crying on the floor.
++++++++++++
++++++++++++
"Leave Dylen and Ryan alone, Dad!" My little brother Kalub yelled, sobbing. Dad turned around, and punched him in the face, as hard as he could. The back of his head slammed against the corner of the coffee table, and he fell to the floor, dead.
++++++++++++

The memories slammed into me, one by one, each more horrible than the next. 3 sets of footsteps walked into the room. Seeing me, 3 boys rushed over.

One, with a lip ring and blonde quiff, reached out and touched my shoulder. I flinched away, terrified.

"It's okay, we won't hurt you," the one with a bandanna said.

"What's your name?" The one with Galaxy hair said. I just looked at them, quivering. Miss Marie walked in with another boy, one with black hair.

"I see you found Ryan." She said softly, smiling. "Could I talk to you four for a second, please?" The boys nodded and followed her into the hall. I laid my head in my lap, exhausted.

Ashton's P.O.V

"What is it?" I asked.

"Are you interested in adopting Ryan?" Miss Marie asked. The four of us looked at each other and nodded. "Then there's something you should know. Ryan comes from an Abusive home. Her parents had beaten her and her brothers constantly, eventually killing the younger one, Kalub. Dylen, -her older brother- turned 18 last year, and is now in college. Ryan hasn't spoken since she arrived here 2 years ago. Just, be careful with her, alright?"

We nodded, horrified.

"Wait here." She walked into Ryan's room.

Ryan's P.O.V.

I heard Miss Marie's gentle footsteps enter the room. I didn't look up as she kneeled before me, speaking softly.

"The four boys who came in earlier would like to adopt you. Would that be fine? They would never hurt you, they will let me and Dylen visit, and they have the means to protect you. What should I tell them?"

I looked up slowly, and nodded.