Chapter 32

Ashton's P.OV.

I shouldn't have pushed. I was just curious, and now I'm more worried than ever. Its been two days. Ryan won't leave her room. She won't let anyone in. I feel so bad, I can't believe I caused this.

Ryan's P.O.V.

I couldn't bring myself to face everyone. Anyone. I felt shame. How could I face my family if I didn't trust them enough to tell them what was going on?

I took a deep breath. I couldn't stay here forever. I prepared myself, and opened my door. I peered out into the empty hallway, and stepped out of my room. The floor creaked, and I winced at the sound. I shook my head. I have to get past this. I tiptoed along the hallway and down the steps.

Ashton was sitting alone in the kitchen, falling asleep in his coffee. I snuck up behind him, and wrapped my arms around his shoulders. He jolted awake and turned to look at me.

"Ryan!" He exclaimed.

"Hi." I said shyly.

"I'm sorry, I--" He began.

"No." I stopped him. "I'm ready. We should get the others."

I walked out the room. Slowly but surely, the pair of us gathered everyone into the media room, the only room with enough seats for everybody, and I began my story.

Blake and Skylynn had to help me here and there, as I took deep breaths. Hands shaking, I completed the tale by removing my sweatshirt, so that the scars were visible under my tank top.
Blake held my hand, keeping me from having a panic attack. The room was dead silent. I refused to turn around, for  fear of seeing everybody's reactions.

Finally, Mikey broke the silence, a small, sad, whimper escaping from his lips. I turned around slowly, not a dry eye in the room. Calum looked thunderstruck, and tears were pouring from his eyes, Ashton looked like he was in shock, an expression mirroring Luke's, and Mikey looked heartbroken. Sofia had her face buried in Luke's chest, shaking uncontrollably.

Once again, I fled the room, Blake close behind.

Mikey's P.O.V.

No words. I have no words to describe the pain I feel for Ryan. She was used as a sex doll for a demented man. And Blake and Skylynn? They grew up fighting for their lives from his torturous ways. No words.

Luke's P.O.V.

Shock. Complete and utter shock. This was how she spent her birthdays? Two years of her life? I can't imagine.

Ashton's P.O.V.

No wonder she couldn't tell me the other day. This is a nightmare for her, and all of us.

Calum's P.O.V.

OK, I am beyond pissed at this Carter dude. If he wasn't already behind bars? Well, there'd be hell to pay.

Sofia's P.O.V.

All I could do was cry. It may seem childish, and kind of pathetic that all I do is cry, but it has been a terrible two years for me. For Ryan, it's been worse. So yeah, all I can do is cry.

Blake's P.O.V.

I chased after Ryan, trying to get to her before she did something she shouldn't. She flung herself onto her bed, hyperventilating.

sshhhh. I whispered, hoping it would help a little. It did, and more than I thought.

She soon calmed down, and allowed me to bring her back downstairs to the media room. Luke instantly got up, placing Sofia with Michael, and guided her out of the room. I sat down with Skylynn, who was at Ashton's feet, and we all waited.

Luke's P.O.V.

I took Ryan into the kitchen. She refused to meet my eyes.

"Hey," I said softly, "Ryan, look at me."

She shook her head, tears welling up in her eyes.

"Look at me." I said again, gently. Finally, she looked up at me, a tear falling from her eyes. "I want to tell you that it wasn't real. That you had a nightmare. But that would be a lie. It was real. But it's over now. Its a memory, a painful one, but still. The past is past, it can't be changed. But we will help you move through this. Your... boyfriend, his sister, your sister, me, Ashton, Michael, and Calum. You are not alone in this. OK?" She nodded, stifling sobs. "You can cry, none of us will judge."

Ryan nodded, tears falling. I hugged her tight, got her a drink, and led her out to the media room.

Michael's P.O.V.

We welcomed Ryan back to the media room with open hearts and arms. We sat there with her, cried with her for as long as she needed, then watched Disney movies with her the rest of the day.

Ryan's P.O.V.

This is the reason I love my family. I know that they will always be there to help me.

There's no need to be afraid anymore. I have two best friends who I wouldn't trade for anything, an amazing boyfriend who's love for me matches mine for him, and a family who will always be there to save me, no matter what. No need to be lost in Memories anymore.