Chapter 7

Ryan's P.O.V.

One week later

I woke up in a damp cold room. I opened my eyes and saw nothing but darkness. I blinked a few times to try and get used to the lack of light, but nothing worked. It was pitch black.

Where's Dylen? Where's Calum, Ashton, Luke, and Michael? I just want to go home!

It was amazing how, in such a short amount of time, withing a space of two days, that place, that mansion with the boys, had become my home. I cared for those boys. I wish I was with them again. Instead, I'm stuck god-only-knows where, with my psychopathic biological parents. One last thought made a tear roll down my cheek.

You know you truly have a home when being away makes you just miss it.

##############

Calum's P.O.V.

I was holed up in my room. I haven't left it since a week ago when Ryan was taken. I felt so useless. My little girl was out there suffering, and I couldn't do anything about it, because it would put her at even more risk!

I let out a quiet sob. A knock was heard at the door. I didn't move to answer. At least not until I learned what it was about.

"It's Luke." He said softly. I still didn't move. "Dylen's missing now, and we found another note." I dragged myself out of bed, and finally I opened the door. Luke let out a low whistle. "You look like crap!"

"Thanks Blondie." I snapped sarcastically. Luke looked shocked. I sighed. "Sorry mate. I'm just miserable." Luke nodded, understanding. "Let me see that note." I said, taking it from him.

Dear boys,

Here's a riddle for you, who are the four boys who wish they had amnesia right now? Here's a hint. They're you.

Now, to business. Now that we have both kids, it's payment time. If you you ever want to see these two alive again, leave $120,000 under the beach rock by 2:30am on Wednesday.

If you don't, you only get one more chance. Don't screw it up.

-Mr. and Mrs. Paige

Disgusted, I threw the letter onto the floor and turned around, and ran my hands through my hair. Luke walked over and lay a hand on my shoulder.

"What are we gonna do?" I asked him, my voice cracking. Luke just shook his head.

"I don't know dude." He sighed. "I think our only choice is to pay. Then we can call the cops." He sighed again. "There's really nothing we can do, these people have already killed one child in cold blood, what's to say they won't kill another, or two others. We have to be careful."

I nodded and allowed him to lead me downstairs where the other boys were waiting.