Chapter 20

3rd Person P.O.V.

Calum apologized profusely to Dr. Ryen Pierce for about 10 minutes, until Luke had enough and punched him in the arm.

"Shut up dude," he had said, "he gets it already!" Calum apologized one more time, mostly to piss Luke off, and then got out his phone.

Luke rolled his eyes and fell asleep.

Ryan groaned and opened her eyes. Dr. Ryen glanced over.

"Easy, easy," he warned. "Careful! You hit your head pretty hard there."

"Wh-who are you?" She asked.

"My name is Ryen Pierce. It's OK. I'm a doctor, and I helped you when you got knocked out."

Ryan's P.O.V.

I could feel a panic attack coming on. A strange man was sitting next to me, I couldn't remember why I was on a plane, and not a single face looked familiar. All I could remember was my name.

I started hyperventilating, and rocked a little in my chair. My eyes squeezed shut as I gasped for air. All thoughts of calming down were lost as my panic attack began.

The man next to me started tracing calming circles on my knee and hand. My breathing relaxed and I stopped rocking back and forth. But the fear lingered. Why couldn't I remember anything?

Dr. Ryen's P.O.V.

Ryan started having a panic attack, so I started to trace relaxing circles into her skin. She quickly calmed down but one look into her eyes told me she was terrified. What had happened?

"Ryan?" I asked, "Can you tell me what's wrong?" She shook her head vigorously and clamped her mouth shut. "Please?" I asked again, " Maybe I can help."

She shut her eyes and took a deep shuddering breath. Her eyes opened, and she stared at me calculatingly for a moment. She then held up her hand. She pointed first to herself, then to her head.

"Your head hurts?" My brow wrinkled in confusion. She shook her head and sighed. She pointed to herself again, the shook her head no, then pointed once more to her forehead.

"You can't remember..." I said, realization hitting me like a truck. She nodded. Her head must be worse than I originally thought. It explained the panic attack.

"Just a minute," I told her and she turned to the window. I got up and walked over to where Calum was sitting.

"We have a problem." His face paled as I explained.

Calum's P.O.V.

Oh God! This is not happening! Ryan can't remember us! She doesnt remember her life! She doesn't know anything! SH**!!

Ashton's P.O.V.

I can't believe that she won't remember us. I feel horrible. She's missing out on so much without her memories. It's so unfair.

Michael's P.O.V.

Why do the worst things happen to the best people? It's so wrong! This poor girl has had so many horrible things happen to her, and this is just the icing on the cake. What if she never remembers?

Luke's P.O.V.

I wasn't really asleep, I was just pretending because Calum was annoying. So I heard every word Dr. Ryen said. No memory? No more playing with the puppies together? Or pranking the boys? What the hell!