Chapter 8

Dylen's P.O.V.

In was thrown into a dark, wet room. I cried out when my shoulder rammed into a chair. What I saw when I looked at the chair broke my heart.

Ryan, chained to the chair by both her arms and her feet. Her brace was missing, and as a result her ankle was purple and swollen. She had obviously been beaten already. Her face had dry blood on it from cuts, probably caused by a knife, she had a swollen cheek, and she was really skinny from lack of food.

They've never been this cruel to us before! I thought. Ryan was unconscious, and so I tried to wake her. Eventually, she stirred and awoke.

"Dylen!" She cried out suddenly, "They're going to take Dylen! I have to stop them!" She seemed to be having a panic attack, struggling against the chains and breathing heavily. She was blindfolded, so she couldn't see that I was right in front of her.

I finally managed to calm her down, but once she realized it was me, she started crying. I looked down at her wrists, they were swollen, red, and bloody from struggling. I sat on the floor next to her whispering calming words to her until she -and I,- fell asleep.

##############

Luke's P.O.V.

I had done the impossible. I had managed to get Calum Hood out of his room after a week of reclusiveness! Of course, I was anything but happy. It was Wednesday, and the money was due in four hours. We had it all ready, we just hoped that the Paiges would keep their end of the deal and give us Ryan and Dylen back.

The boys and I just sat on the couch in silence as the time passed.

Finally, it was time to leave. We grabbed the money suitcase and got in the car.

Ashton's P.O.V.

I had taken the wheel, and we drove in silence. None of us knew what to say. We all just hoped that we'd get there in time.

20 minutes later.

We strolled down the beach nervously. I checked my watch as Michael slid the suitcase under the large rock. Right on time. We walked to the car and waited for about 20 more minutes, than anxiously walked back down to the big rock.

Michael's P.O.V.

I was horrified when I saw Dylen and Ryan laying there. They were both unconscious, and Ryan looked dead. There was a note on her chest.

Dear boys,

Pleasure doing business with you. We have our money, and you have the idiot children. We did promise not to kill them and we didn't.

We never said what condition we'd leave them in though. Good luck.

-Mr. and Mrs. Paige

I grabbed Dylen, and Calum grabbed Ryan. We rushed to the car and drove to the hospital as quick as we could.