Chapter 24

Ryan's P.O.V.

I woke with a strange feeling in my chest. It was a feeling that I had only begun to get used to, happiness. Something was happening today, but I was too tired to remember it.

I dragged myself out of bed and did my hair, and as soon as I opened the door, four boys ran in yelling happy birthday. I grinned.
How did I forget my own birthday? I remembered my others!

I laughed as Michael scooped me up and threw me over his shoulder. I screamed, laughing, as he ran with me down to the kitchen area and dumped me in a chair. Luke set a plate in front of me. I was in awe.

The plate was pile high with chocolate chip waffles, French toast, sausage, and eggs.

"I meal fit for royalty," Calum said, "perfect for our princess." I got out of my chair and jumped into his arms, him staggering back a little as he tried not to drop me.

I hopped off and sat down to my breakfast. The boys got their own breakfast trays and sat down.

Dr. Ryen came in with Sofia and sat down to eat as well, both wishing me a happy birthday. I glanced at the boys, and they blushed slightly.

After we finished eating, we walked out to the main area, where the couch was piled high with birthday bags and boxes. My jaw dropped to the floor. I looked at Ashton in amazement.

The boys had made a "throne" out of the armchair, and made me sit in it as they brought me gift, after gift, after gift.

By the end, my grin was stretched so whide, my cheeks hurt like little needles were stabbing them.

But who cares! This was the best sweet sixteen ever! Most girls brag about their extravagant parties, but this was all I needed. My family, and my new best friend. Perfect. Simply perfect.

Sofia and Dr. Ryen also each got me a present as well. From Sofia, I got a charm bracelet, and and a stuffed Stitch, from Lilo and Stitch. Dr. Ryen got me all 7 of the Septimus Heap books, and all 3 of the Inkheart books. Ashton bought me a whole crap ton of bandannas, a few flannels, and black skinny jeans. From Calum, I received the Samsung S7 Edge, a laptop, more flannels, and money. From Luke I got money, 3 $50 gift cards to Starbucks, Hot Topic, and more Starbucks, and a iPad. Michael gave me makeup, several different colors of hair dye, and 5 pairs of sunglasses.

The boys told me to go get dressed, that we were leaving to go do something.

I grabbed a new flannel, new black skinny jeans, a bandanna, and the charm bracelet, then went to my room.

I got dressed in the purple flannel, black skinny jeans, and charm bracelet.

I pulled my hair into a high ponytail, using the purple bandanna as a headband.

I applied a little mascara and lip gloss and snuck back into the main room, taking a flying leap into Calum's back.

"Piggyback ride!" I yelled. He caught his balance just in time to keep from falling, as everyone laughed. He carried my for the long elevator ride and through the lobby, making me get down once we reached the car. Ash pulled out a black bandanna and covered my eyes. I smiled in spite of myself.

The car started moving, anticipation flooding through my bones. This was so exciting! I had never had a reason to celebrate my birthday, mom and dad didn't care, so my brothers and I "celebrated" together.

I felt the car stop. We were at our destination. Our final destination. (Lol just kidding!)
Anyway, the car stopped, and someone helped me out. The person led me into a bright building. Someone took off the blindfold.