Chapter 12

Ashton's P.O.V.

I took a deep breath. I didn't sleep very well last night. Not knowing how the boys, especially Dylen, would react to the news.

I shook my head and walked into the living room where the boys were waiting. Ryan was still asleep.

Calum, Luke, Michael, and Dylen all looked at me questioningly. I sighed again.

"I know you guys all think that something is wrong with Ryan." I ran my hands through my hair. "Well, I've figured it out." They looked a me expectantly. "She's gone back to not talking. Think back through this past week. The last time she spoke, was when she woke up in the hospital calling for her brother."

The boys thought for a minute, then realized I was right.

Dylen put his head in his hands,
Calum let out a low whistle,
Luke spoke, "Oh Sh**!" I smacked him again.
Michael just shook his head and stared at the ceiling.

We heard Ryan walking down the stairs.

"I'll prove it." I whispered.

She walked through the living room to get to the kitchen.

"Hi, Ryan!" I called. She waved and kept walking. "See?" I sighed.

Ryan's P.O.V.

What the actual heck is going on here? Why won't I talk? I want to, but something keeps stopping me. I think the boys know too. Oh well, natural instincts I guess.

SAY SOMETHING!

My mind screamed at me to talk, but not a sound came from my throat. Angry, I threw a plate at the wall, smashing it. I covered my mouth as Calum and Luke came running in. I sank down the floor, onto my knees.

A tear ran down my cheek and I ran out of the room.

What have I done? I thought. I haven't let anger control me like that since I first got to the orphanage.

*Flashback

Do it! The voice in my head told me. Prove your anger! They killed your little brother! Your older brother is still in the hospital! And it's all because of them! Throw it!

I was breathing heavily by this point. The voice in my head was steadily gaining more and more control as the days passed. It was always yelling at me to do horrible things. I didn't need much pushing this time. I threw it. And by 'it' I mean a knife. At a photo of my parents.

The glass shattered and the blade of the knife had sunk deep into both of my parents heads.

The voice cackled, the sound echoeing through my brain.

Good. Very good. It said

Shut up! I screamed silently. Go away!

*Flashback over

I hadn't heard that voice for two years. But now, it was back, and worse than ever. And I was terrified.
What if it makes me hurt the boys?

What am I gonna do?

Nothing.

I gasped. This wasnt the same voice! This wasn't the angry voice in my head! This voice was younger. Familliar. It was sad. Suddenly, I recognized the voice. It sounded like...Kalub?

That's right sissy. Its me. I'm back. Mom and Dad will pay for what they did to us. If you don't listen to me, I can control you. We are going to get revenge on our parents.

I was terrified. Kalub was back. And he had changed.