Chapter 2

Luke's P.O.V.

The Band and I had been talking quietly in the hall for about 5 minutes, when Miss Marie came out of the room, shutting the door carefully.

We all looked at her expectantly. She smiled. We did one of our famous 5SOS group hugs, whooping with joy.

"I'm going to go downstairs and get the proper forms," Miss Marie said, "Why don't you go and help Ryan pack? Don't pressure her into speaking, just be calm." We nodded.

Calum walked in first, then Ashton, Me, and, finally, Michael.

Calum's P.O.V.

I mentally cheered. She accepts us. We need to be calm and careful though. Good luck with that, Michael!

Ashton's P.O.V.

What a horrible past for such a beautiful young girl. I'm going to help her through this. Just remember, don't pressure.

Michael's P.O.V.

OK, just relax. Stay calm, and go easy. You don't want to scare her. Just breathe.

Luke's P.O.V.

Ease into it. She probably thinks we're going to hurt her. She flinched when I touched her. She'll trust us soon. I won't give her a reason not to.

Ryan's P.O.V.

Who are these boys? Why'd they come so early in the morning? Why would they chose someone broken like me? I'm terrified! I need to see Dylen! Where is Miss Marie when I need her?

I looked up to see the boys walking back in. I started breathing heavily. I didn't trust people, and I couldn't call out for help if they hurt me. I won't give anyone the satisfaction of hearing my voice. That's how they control me.

"Hi." Black Hair said, "I'm Calum Hood, this is Luke Hemmings, Ashton Irwin, and Michael Clifford." He introduced them, pointing to each in turn. I nodded, giving a tiny, hesitant wave. "So," Calum started, "your name is Ryan?" I nodded again.

"Well, I'm going to be the one to sign the papers, so your full name will be Ryan Grace Hood. Is that OK?" I nodded once more.

I was starting to get comfortable with these boys. They seemed kind, but people were deceptive. Better not trust them just yet. It could be a trap.

"Where's your suitcase love?" The one with the bandanna-Ashton?-said. I pointed to my bed. Blondie-Luke-helped me up and we walked over to it.

I bent down and reached under the bed, when another piercing memory hit me.

+++++++++++++
It was 3 years before I had landed in the orphanage. Kalub lay under his bed crying. Mom had just beaten him for he first time. He saw a pair of feet walking over to the bed, and cowered in fear.
"Kalub?" I peeked at him laying there under the bed. "Mom and Dad left, you can come out now." 5 year old Kalub crawled out, and ran into my arms. I stroked his head as 13-year-old Dylen came in. I was 10 years old. Dylen sat down next to me and helped me comfort our brother.
++++++++++++

"Ryan?!" Someone was shaking my shoulder. "Ryan, snap out of it sweetie, it's all in the past. It's just a memory!" I looked up to see Miss Marie's worried face staring into mine. My breathing slowed, and she sighed in relief, handing the forms to Calum.

While I had been submerged in memories, the boys had packed for me and gotten Miss Marie.

"You ready to go, Ryan?" Michael asked. I looked to Miss Marie, and she smiled encouragingly. I took a deep breath and nodded. We walked out the front gates of the orphanage to the car that would take me to my new life.