Chapter 13

Calum's P.O.V.

"What are we going to do about this?" Michael asked, still staring at the ceiling. Ash just shook his head.

"Nothing." Luke said, his voice hollow, and dull. "We do nothing. We just have to wait patiently again."

I sighed. We just brought her home! She had been happy! Why won't she talk to us?

"It's a type of anxiety she has." Dylen commented. "If she's put through too much stress, like being kidnapped, or seeing our parents, or, in this case, both, she shuts down and stops speaking."

I nodded. It made sense. But it didn't ease my sadness, and worry. I had to do whatever I could to help her. I mean, she is technically my daughter. I sighed again. Why is life so complicated?

Kalub's P.O.V

I feel bad about using Ryan like this. She always tried to protect me. Unfortunately, she couldn't protect me forever. Neither could Dylen.

Currently, I was a spirit. I was just floating around the band's mansion, exploring room to room, when I heard voices. I made my way into the room, and listened to their conversation. I was glad that I did. They were talking about Ryan.

"Who knows if she'll ever speak to us again," Luke had been saying. "The only reason she spoke last time, was because she was shocked that her parents had escaped." Calum nodded.

"And what happened in the kitchen earlier?" He asked, "She freaked out, and threw a glass plate at the wall. Then she started crying and ran!"
Ashton sighed.

"I'm worried about her." He said. I listened closely. "I love her. Like a daughter, or a little sister." Michael nodded in agreement. He was about to say something, when Dylen looked up and cried out. He could see me?! I panicked, and flew out of the room.

Dylen's P.O.V.

"Um, um, excuse me!" I stuttered, dashing out of the room. I sank against the wall, breathing heavily. Di-did I just see Kalub?!

"Kalub!?" I whisper-yelled. I almost had a heart attack when he floated over and landed in front of me.

"Hi brother." He said faintly.

A tear rolled down my cheek.