Chapter 2

"So my guess is that you're feeling a whole lot better now?" Gio chuckled as he ran the tip of his fingers up and down my bare arm.

"Yep, I'm definitely not sick anymore." I chuckled as well as I lay on his chest drawing circles with my fingers.

If Dad and Dominic ever have any idea that I invited Gio over here, more over what we just did in here, they would kill me. Well not literally, but still they'd flip. But its not like they were gonna know, not unless those two downstairs Ron and Percy decide to run their mouths.

"So, you've invited me over for the first. I take it your parents are out?" Gio said looking down at me.

"Yeah they're out of town until the weekend." I replied.

"Yeah figures." I heard Gio mumbled causing me to look up at him curiously.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It simple means there was no way you'd invite me here if your parents were home." Gio respond.

"Gio it's not like you think." I replied sitting up and using the sheet to cover my torso.

"How do you know what I think? I never said anything." Gio replied nonchalantly.

"I know you think I'm keeping you as my dirty little secret or something." I said to him.

"Well aren't I? I mean you did sort of told the guards downstairs I'm your business associate instead of your boyfriend." Gio said to me arching a brow as if challenging me to deny it.

"Sorry, its a long story. I told you my family is very...." I started but was interrupted by Gio.

"Very protective of you, I know. And why would you need to lie to the guards? By the way what's up with them?" Gio sit up looking at me curiously.

"What do you mean?" I asked confused.

"You need two guards at your home are you in that much danger?" Gio asked back.

"What? No" I responded. "Its jut that my parents just felt more satisfied knowing that while they're away I'm being protected. You know, that I'm safe and not alone."

"Alright, well you could always stay with me while they're away." Gio suggested.

"Sorry I can't." I told him truthfully.

"Why not?" He asked seriously.

"Because while they're away I have to be here to make sure nothing goes out of place, that everything is alright here at the house." I told him.

"Wow," Gio said sounding amused.

"What?" I asked him.

"You just seem to have an excuse for everything. Makes me wonder how much secret you have to keep." Gio said looking at m directly as if studying me.

The first thing that came to my mind when he said that was that he knows. Gio knows my secret. But then again I know I'm probably being paranoid, there was no way Gio would be here so calm and acting clueless if he knew.

"What about you, how many secrets do you keep?" I asked him. And I saw him tensed for a second at my question before composing himself again completely, you'd think I had imagined it.

"I don't have much secrets." Gio replied nonchalantly.

"Well neither do I." I told him.

"Then what's up with you hiding me from your parents?"

"When I was in my teens I got hurt by this guy I dated..." I started to tell him before pausing to let out a sigh.

"What happened?" Gio asked giving me his full attention.

"Lets jut say he wasn't who I thought he was. He was my first real boyfriend and so I thought it was the real deal but he screwed me over and I didn't take it very well." I told him.

"Was it bad?" Gio asked concerned.

"You could say that. My dad had to get involved, things were messy. It took a while for me to get over what happened, so from that day until now my parents are always overprotective and skeptical when it comes on to me with guys." I said to him.

"I'm sorry for whatever happened back then. But I want you to know I'd never deliberately nor intentionally do anything to hurt you." Gio said to me genuinely.

Yeah sure, you say that now but will be saying that when you find out whose daughter I am or just how much I know about the whole different 'family businesses'.

I smiled at him before responding, "I really hope you mean that."

"I do." Gio smiled back at me before placing his hand on my cheek pulling me towards him gently as he kiss me.

I turned around putting my arms around his neck responding to his kiss as Gio leaned more into the kiss causing me to lay down on my back as he hovered over me. We were in an intense make out session as Gio hand was on my bare thigh pulling it over his lap when a knock on my door caused us to pull away frightened.

"Hey Lexi, you in there?"

Shit Dominic