Chapter 7

I had finished looking after myself and getting dressed into a orangish low cut front knee length dress with a pair of black strappy heals. I put on some mascara and some lipgloss before gathering the things I had wormed to work this morning putting them into a bag then putting it under a cupboard in the bathroom. I'd have to collect those later.

I had just exit the bathroom and back into my office only to find Gio there lounging on the sofa. I was a bit startled at first seeing him there because even though I was expecting him and knew I was running late I just didn't expected to find him there.

"Hey" I greeted him. "You startled me".

"Why? Did you forgot you were expecting me?" Gio asked chuckling as he got up walking towards me.

"No its just that I was here thinking that I still had a few minutes before you showed up" I replied.

"Well sorry you didn't. You look beautiful" Gio said placing his hands on my waist before placing a kiss on my lips.

"You look hot as well" I smiled at him as my hands rested on his arms. "Have you been here long?"

"About roughly ten minutes now" Gio shrugged.

"I'm sorry if I'm late, it just that I got caught up with a new employee" I said to him.

"Oh was it that girl I met leaving your office when I got here? Dark hair slim about your height?" Gio asked.

"Yep" I nodded. "That'd be Kathleen. I just asked her to come by today, I was busy so I couldn't talk to her at the time so I told one of the girls to just give her a uniform and an apron. Apparently I send her out on the battle field inexperienced because she made one simple mistake, she asked a couple if they were staying for dinner or they wanted take outs. She wasn't aware that wasn't how things go here and the couple nearly kill the poor girl, they made a huge scene. It was terrible, so after solving that issue I've been here with here briefing her on the runnings here".

"Must've been crazy because I seemed to have scared her, I mean she was really timid and nervous when I asked for you" Gio said to me.

"You do have that impact on people" I found myself saying out loud.

"What?" Gio asked surprised.

"Nothing. What I meant was I don't think it was you" I said to him. "She just seemed to be generally nervous and timid around people".

"Well if that's the case then she's working in the wrong place then. She's gonna have to deal with people 24/7s everyday, if she's generally that timid around people she may have a hear attack" Gio replied.

"I don't know, I just think she's had a bad experience or a rough past and that's what make her that way. I just met her on Saturday so you know I don't wanna too pry into her private life but in due time maybe I'll figure something out" I said to him.

"Hmm, I just hope she doesn't bring trouble here" Gio replied.

" I too, I talk to her about that but I think I can trust her for the time being" I said.

"Lexi, one thing you should know, and its that you can't trust anyone in these times" Gio said seriously.

"What do you mean?" I asked curiously.

"Nothing really" Gio smiled before placing a chaste kiss on my lips. "We should go, are you ready?"

"Yeah I am" I nodded smiling.

"Alright then, let's go" Gio replied leading me towards the door.

********************************