Chapter 38

Today was my birthday and I just felt like spending the entire day in bed, and that was probably exactly what I was going to do. Well that was after I receive that large extra cheese pizza with spicy jalapeños that I ordered a few minutes ago. The nausea and morning sickness wasn't as bad as before and I was making the most of it. A month and some weeks ago I couldn't eat as much as I'd like because I could hardly keep anything down, so now that I wasn't that sick anymore I was starting to have different cravings right now. And today pizza was on the top of my list.

I would normally try to limit the amount I'm eating as I tried not to gain too much weight this early. At three months pregnant, I wasn't exactly showing as yet but I had indeed gained a few pounds. This baby was sending a lot of weight to my butt and thighs as well as my boobs that were now swollen and caused me to need new bra. My jeans were tighter therefore I had to resort to wearing more dresses, skirts as well as legging, sweatpants and yoga pants. I unfortunately never have much loose fitting jeans, most of my jeans were skinny and tight fitting so now I had to pack those away.

I was however planning to finally get out of the house and go shopping. I was kinda getting tired of being cooped at home for weeks now. Kathleen had gone back to work at the store and Dominic had made sure that he had someone watching out for her making sure that neither Gio or any of his men target her. I don't know why but I don't think Gio would target her anyway, so far she was innocent and only associated with us. So I don't think he'd target her as an enemy too.

While waiting for the pizza to get here I was feeling a bit peckish so I decided to go downstairs to get some ice cream. I took the tub of strawberry ice cream and began digging in. I was halfway through eating when the ice cream was taken out of my hand.

"I think that's enough" mom said putting the cover back on the ice cream.

"What?" I asked confused.

"That's enough sweet for both you and that baby" mom said to me before going to put it back in the fridge.

"I barely even eaten any" I tried telling her.

"Yeah right" mom said sarcastically. "That's still enough".

"I'm hungry" I whined.

"I don't think you are, you're body is just craving stuff and you feel the need to satisfy those cravings" mom said to me. "But if you keep doing that this early in the pregnancy you're not gonna be able to move by the time you reach seven months because you're gonna be big as a whale. Trust me I know, I've been there".

"But its my birthday I think I can treat myself to a tub of ice cream and pizza just for today" I said.

"I'm gonna ease up off your bag for today but as for the other days I'm gonna be watching you" mom said to me.

"Okay" I smiled at her. "But could you please just let me pig out for today?"

"Fine" I said to me. "But only because its your birthday".

On that note the doorbell went off.

"That must be the pizza" I said standing up and heading for the door.

"Did somebody somebody order a large extra cheese with jalapeños?" Marc said standing there with the pizza in his hand and a grin.

"Marc" I said surprised before chuckling and stepping aside for him to come in. "You're the pizza guy now?"

"Yeah apparently" he chuckled. "Saw the guy out front and figured I should take this off his hands. I know its yours so I brought it in as your birthday surprise gift"

"Aww,thanks. That's so sweet of you" I chuckled as we walked back to the kitchen. "But its not really a surprise gift since I ordered it".

"Whatever" Marc chuckled putting down the box on kitchen counter. "Hey Mrs. K"