Chapter 57

"This just seems so weird" I confessed to Kathleen as we pushed the trolley down the fruit aisle in the supermarket.

"What do you mean?" Kathleen wrinkled her brows in confusion.

"This" I gestured to our trolley. "What we're doing now".

"What? You've never gone grocery shopping before?"

"I can't tell the last time I have" I replied. "This was something I've done with my mom as a kid but since I've become apart of the Luciano family there wasn't a need for me to ever go grocery shopping, especially not for this much item in a public place. So now volunteering to do this now is just really all so strange to me"

"Its not even that much stuff" Kathleen said to me picking up some peaches.

So Kathleen and I were shopping after work. Why? Well normally everything is always already at home since Ella always make sure to stock the house but we were passing the supermarket and Kathleen decided she felt like getting some pomegranates because she's been craving them. Like seriously? Who the hell craves pomegranates? And I've decided what the hell let's go get your pomegranates and that's how we ended up here now doing a full on grocery shopping. We both obviously couldn't come out of the supermarket with just one bag of pomegranates so we decided to stock up on whatever else we saw and wanted.

"Still doesn't change the fact that being in here feels weird to me" I said before looking at some people we had past. "Great, now people are even starting to stare".

"Lexi I don't see anyone staring, everyone's doing their own thing"

"I must be losing my mind then" I shook my head before putting two bags of grapes in the trolley before leaving the fruits aisle.

"Aunt Eva's crunchy peanut and sugar cookies?" I heard Kathleen said as she picked up a box.

"What I've never heard of that" I said turning around to face her.

"Me neither" Kathleen said reading the words on the box. "Must be new".

I reached for one of the cookie boxes before turning it over and reading the ingredients.

"Why the hell would anyone eat that? Its literally all carbs and sugar. This thing is a recipe for diabetes" I shake my head putting back the box before turning around.

Just as I was about to turn around I collided with someone. Hands came up to immediately steady me.

"Excuse me I'm oww..." Strands of my hair was tangled with some accessory on the other person, most likely a watch.

"Oh shit, my bad let me fix that" the person said as he took his time to get the few strands off hair from his watch without having to break any.

"Thanks" I said smoothing back my curls before looking up at the person.

"No,problem"

"You've got to be kidding me. Isn't there no escaping you guys?" I huffed in annoyance.

"Look who it is, Lexi right?" Paolo smiled in recognition.

"Yes and can't y'all like just crawl in a hole and die" I said rolling my eyes.

"Still ever so feisty and hostile I see" Paolo chuckled. "I wonder if this beauty you're hanging with is a spitfire like you, or you're being a bad influence".

"Excuse me?" Kathleen said looking between us.

"Kathleen, Paolo- one of Giovanni's goons" I flick my hand in Paolo's direction. "Now please let's just get the hell out of here. I'm suddenly starting to remember why I never went grocery shopping anymore. Supermarket isn't a very pleasant place I'm suddenly starting to feel sick".