Chapter 68

"So you've known Marc how long now?" Emilia asked as she sat on one end of my bed as I was painting my toenails.

"I've known him since I was 14years old" I replied as I dipped the brush in the nail polish.

"And you guys have only been friends? You've never..." Emilia started but I cut her off before because I already know what she was going to ask me.

"No, we've never hooked up, messed around or other wised been involved. The only relationship we've ever had was a regular friendship, he's always been more of a brother to me" I said to her.

"Oh,but he's really handsome" Emilia smiled.

"Yeah I've noticed" I said to her. "I've also noticed that you've brought him up a thousand times for days now, every chance you get".

"Its nothing I'm just uhm... concern" Emilia replied.

"You mean curious?" I asked raising a brow.

"Yeah that" Emilia smile.

"Well there is a saying that goes; curiosity kills the cat. So maybe you shouldn't be so curious" I said to her.

"Yeah, well fortunately I'm not a cat" Emilia grinned before getting up. "I'm going to get something to drink, want anything?"

"No I'm okay" I said to her.

"I'll be back" Emilia said exiting the room.

I had just started brushing my hair when my phone started ringing. I looked at the caller's ID seeing Dominic's name, its been a while since I've received a call from Dominic.

"Well this is a surprise" I said putting the phone at my ears.

"Hey, what's up?" Dominic asked.

"Well not much, just surprised that you still knows my number" I replied.

"I need to ask you something" Dominic said.

"Okay shoot" I said before laughing at how that sound. "I mean go ahead".

"What do you know about the Glendocks?" Dominic asked.

"What is that like a crappy garage band?" I asked.

"No, it's a small scale upcoming gang that's trying to get involved in bigger operations" Dominic said to me.

"Okay? And why would you think I'd have any idea about such group?" I asked confused.

"When you were with your asswipe ex-boyfriend, I thought you'd probably managed to pick up something or heard something maybe?" Dominic replied.

"In case you don't remember Gio, and I haven't talked about things like those and the minute he found out I was involved with things like that, he held a gun to my head" I said to him not giving away the fact that I was actually seeing Gio again. "Anyway, why did you asked? Do you think he's connected to them someway?"

"We had a little incident earlier, my men caught this guy that was trying to hijack and scam some shipments from our group. We managed to get some information from him and he's from that gang but they said they've seen a guy they recognized as one from Cavelli's group" Dominic said to me.